Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put Elf on a shelf
The bitching on social media in the comments is unreal. Its the biggest idiots and worst looks society has to offer. 

Maybe Elflein's problems are exaggerated, but still...LG has been a sucking wound since Hutchinson.

I am not too worried about it.  I remember when Fusco was horrible his first two years and then came on in his 3rd season.
If it were a QB, he would be allowed the season to sink or swim.
Considering his was hurt after his rookie season and had to spend the off season recovering, it is not too much of a surprise that he struggled last year.
Now he is back to left guard which he has not done for 3 years right?
Like others have said, two of the calls were bogus.  Weak at best.
But the Redskins strength in their defense is the defensive line.
Payne and Allen are first rounders.  Ioannidis was a nice find as a 5th rounder. 

No shame in getting beat by Payne or Allen once or twice.
When you can run for 168 yards then somebody must have been doing something right and I know I saw several runs right up the middle where the back got 3 or 4 yards before significant contact.
But it is our nature as fans and people I guess.
People only remember the mistakes and forget about the good things that happened.
Run for 168 and pass for 273 and get 3 holding calls too.  I'll take it every week.

When you kill drives with penalties or sacks doing a good job the rest of the time isn't good enough. Opposing Coaches will be in the Refs ear the rest of the season begging them to look for holding.  DCs are already scheming to get 1 on 1 matchups with him.

Unless the leaky pass defense gets fixed this team could very well find itself in a shootout on the road against NO or GB. Every possession will count and giving up drive killing pressure/sacks or taking penalties can be the difference between winning and losing. 

Quote:@StickyBun said:The bitching on social media in the comments is unreal. Its the biggest idiots and worst looks society has to offer.
Love the comments about how well he played in 2016.

Quote: @greediron said:
@StickyBun said:The bitching on social media in the comments is unreal. Its the biggest idiots and worst looks society has to offer.
I don't like any comments in any story online: its the dumbest of the dumb, either ridiculously over the top positive or just toxic negativity. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:The bitching on social media in the comments is unreal. Its the biggest idiots and worst looks society has to offer.
I don't like any comments in any story online: its the dumbest of the dumb, either ridiculously over the top positive or just toxic negativity. 
much like Twitter

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@jargomcfargo said:
@Ponifan said:
@Ralphie said:

50 of the 75 yards of penalties last night just on holding calls and one of Elflein's was declined.

This needs to be cleaned up.

2nd qtr
Holding O'Neill-10 yards

3rd qtr
Holding on Treadwell-10 yards
Holding on Elflein-10 yards (declined)
Holding on Elflein-10 yards

4th qtr
Holding on Elflein-10 yards
Holding O'Neill-10 yards

I got news for you, if Elf doesn't hold, he is going to get beat like a drum.  That tells ME something.  It should be telling the coaches something too!
Two of those holds were iffy calls. But he surely  needs to get better at holding. They all do it. Some get away with it more than others. There are those who hold from the get go, Green Bays linemen come to mind. And there are those who hold when they are getting beat. The former get flagged less than the latte,r it seems.
Beat me to it...Wonder if we could pay GB to have Elf spend some time with their OL coach?

In the Bay they’re known as the OH coach...  Wink B)