Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
86'd The 87 4 R #1
Bisi will be okay.  He is a rookie, but seems to be progressing well in learning the positions.  We also have Irv and Rudy.  I think Stef will call another good game against a mediocre defense.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
If I recall, Washingtons pass defense isn't too bad this year?

This might be the Dalvin show tonight more than The Capt'n
They have a good pass rush. Ryan Kerrigan and Montez Sweat can get after it. CB Quinton Dunbar is a converted receiver who's been playing well. Josh Norman is a shell of his former self, plus I think he's hurt. They're better than their record but the one "revenge" factor in this that would've scared me (Gruden trying hard to justify stance on Cousins) is no longer relevant. 

This may not be the blowout we all expect, but man I have a hard time seeing us dropping this considering we do the "stable" things well, like run the ball and play defense. If the Vikings were team completely reliant upon one player (say, the Chiefs) it might be a different story. 

Quote: @greediron said:
Bisi will be okay.  He is a rookie, but seems to be progressing well in learning the positions.  We also have Irv and Rudy.  I think Stef will call another good game against a mediocre defense.

I think the Redskins are going to overplay their hand at attempting to stop Cook and Mattison.  The passing game should reap some big rewards as a result.  

And I believe KC wants to send a "remember me" message to Washington's ownership.

They are pretty good against the run. They have a good interior line. 56 will have to continue to perfect his holding skills tonight, he's getting pretty good at it.
I think the outside zone running will still work. But if they stack the box Cousins will make them pay.
I think Bisi and the tight ends, have a good night tonight while they concentrate on stopping Diggs.
Many past instances of the Vikings playing down to their opponent in the past. I don't expect this team to do that. I expect them to get on top early and put it on them.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
They are pretty good against the run.
I've heard a couple of people say that, and they and any team could come out and have a good game stopping the rush, especially if the game plan is to sell out on it.  It's possible they do so tonight.  However, so far this season, statistically, what is it that makes them above average or "pretty good" against the run?  They're 27th in rush ypg allowed, 21st in avg/carry at 4.4, tied for 3rd most in 20+ yard carries, and allowed the 5th most 1st downs rushes.  I haven't seen much of their play this season yet, but from the numbers they appear to be mediocre at best or even below average... 

Quote: @CLOBIMON said:
@jargomcfargo said:
They are pretty good against the run.
I've heard a couple of people say that, and they and any team could come out and have a good game stopping the rush, especially if the game plan is to sell out on it.  It's possible they do so tonight.  However, so far this season, statistically, what is it that makes them above average or "pretty good" against the run?  They're 27th in rush ypg allowed, 21st in avg/carry at 4.4, tied for 3rd most in 20+ yard carries, and allowed the 5th most 1st downs rushes.  I haven't seen much of their play this season yet, but from the numbers they appear to be mediocre at best or even below average... 
You are right. I read somewhere they were 6th, but actually looking it up, they aren't very good. I stand corrected.