Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*@#$% Dish Network, NBC and the nfl kickoff
I am watching this all very closely,  I rarely watch our direct tv any more except for the Minnesota Sports on FSN and the Vikings on wherever they  happen to be.  Most everything else is streamed through netflix and amazon prime,  except for our locals which we cannot get over the air at all.   I would love to cut the direct TV,  but wanting local news and a few other channels like food and paramount which I am assuming I could stream if I wanted to try.

Yahoo Sports app

Quote: @HappyViking said:
I recently switched to YouTubeTV from SlingTV, and I'm glad.  It costs $50 monthly, but it includes a very nice DVR with unlimited space and has all the local Fox Sports channels.  I can even watch the local FSN stations when traveling, which is really nice.  Dish and Sling are in another pissing match with Fox Sports Network, and I was just sick of them.

YouTube TV also includes all the OTA stations, so you don't need an antenna to get your local channels.  I'm glad I switched, as the streaming and user interface is so much better than Sling.  https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/

Good luck.
Sounds a lot like Playstation Vue. Cloud DVR, about $50 a month, but no contract. After football season I can just cancel. All local channels, all the major cable networks, plus NFL Network and ESPN, which is the biggest reason I have it. Red Zone channel too for another $10.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@ArizonaViking said:
Is there any NFL stream on the internet that I can pull up on my computer and watch for free.  I'm a cheap ass...
Google "reddit nfl stream" 10-15 minutes ahead of time.  Go to the game link that you want to watch.  Usually Buffstreams is reliable.  I uses firefox browser with ad blocker plus.  I then plug my computer into the tv via hdmi.  I also have a lightening to hdmi dongle but I like using my phone to chat during the games.

Curious how reliable this is. In your experience, how many times would you say that you were unable to find a feed for a game? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@ArizonaViking said:
Is there any NFL stream on the internet that I can pull up on my computer and watch for free.  I'm a cheap ass...
Google "reddit nfl stream" 10-15 minutes ahead of time.  Go to the game link that you want to watch.  Usually Buffstreams is reliable.  I uses firefox browser with ad blocker plus.  I then plug my computer into the tv via hdmi.  I also have a lightening to hdmi dongle but I like using my phone to chat during the games.

Curious how reliable this is. In your experience, how many times would you say that you were unable to find a feed for a game? 
I reloaded it once today.  It was nearly flawless. Most weeks its like that. Id say the resolution wasnt as clear as 1080 on my dish feed is for the Dallas game but it wasnt terrible. Maybe 720?  

I have never had a week I couldnt find a stream.