Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*@#$% Dish Network, NBC and the nfl kickoff
So I live to far from major cities to get NBC OTA.  We pay for dish network to get locals essentially.  We're signed up for the welcome package (though we've been on it for years) which is $25/mo or so.  HOWEVER, NBC and Dish are in a pissing match over fees and NBC is currently blocked for Dish subscribers. 

So now I'll have to borrow a stream from the internet just to watch either the Bears or Packer lose.  Go Bears!!!  The NFL has made it so difficult to consume their product that there are dozens of websites set up the skirt the rules.  When will they learn??

This is your best bet:

http://247iptv.org/

I just bought a 6 month pass for $42. That's not monthly - that's total. Supposedly this is the answer I've been looking for to ditch ANY of the official products the NFL offers. My coworker swears by it. She said she used it all last year to get any NFL game streaming in HD quality. And I bought it for last Thursday's preseason match-ups and switched around (fairly) effortlessly between all the games on my Apple TV as they have an app in the app store.

The interface isn't great, and I did notice very minor buffering for the first couple minutes I'd select a channel to watch but it seemed to work seamlessly after that.

Good luck.

Is there any NFL stream on the internet that I can pull up on my computer and watch for free.  I'm a cheap ass...

I recently switched to YouTubeTV from SlingTV, and I'm glad.  It costs $50 monthly, but it includes a very nice DVR with unlimited space and has all the local Fox Sports channels.  I can even watch the local FSN stations when traveling, which is really nice.  Dish and Sling are in another pissing match with Fox Sports Network, and I was just sick of them.

YouTube TV also includes all the OTA stations, so you don't need an antenna to get your local channels.  I'm glad I switched, as the streaming and user interface is so much better than Sling.  https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/

Good luck.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
Is there any NFL stream on the internet that I can pull up on my computer and watch for free.  I'm a cheap ass...
Google "reddit nfl stream" 10-15 minutes ahead of time.  Go to the game link that you want to watch.  Usually Buffstreams is reliable.  I uses firefox browser with ad blocker plus.  I then plug my computer into the tv via hdmi.  I also have a lightening to hdmi dongle but I like using my phone to chat during the games.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
I recently switched to YouTubeTV from SlingTV, and I'm glad.  It costs $50 monthly, but it includes a very nice DVR with unlimited space and has all the local Fox Sports channels.  I can even watch the local FSN stations when traveling, which is really nice.  Dish and Sling are in another pissing match with Fox Sports Network, and I was just sick of them.

YouTube TV also includes all the OTA stations, so you don't need an antenna to get your local channels.  I'm glad I switched, as the streaming and user interface is so much better than Sling.  https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/

Good luck.
Its $50 vs $25 a month or $300/yr difference.  That why I havn't made any changes.    I can borrow what I miss from other unreputable sources. The money that I've saved from not doing Direct TV/Sunday ticket has gone into other NFL stuff.  I try to make it to one game a year and I usually buy jerseys or other nfl stuff so they're getting my money one way or another. 

We sign up for netflix and do most our TV either through that or stuff I download.  I'm well versed in how to get pretty much everything from somewhere for free.  Its just interesting that a service we actually pay for isn't even going to supply the game lol.  Maybe we shouldn't be paying for any of it. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@HappyViking said:

Good luck.
Its $50 vs $25 a month or $300/yr difference.  That why I havn't made any changes.    I can borrow what I miss from other unreputable sources. The money that I've saved from not doing Direct TV/Sunday ticket has gone into other NFL stuff.  I try to make it to one game a year and I usually buy jerseys or other nfl stuff so they're getting my money one way or another. 

We sign up for netflix and do most our TV either through that or stuff I download.  I'm well versed in how to get pretty much everything from somewhere for free.  Its just interesting that a service we actually pay for isn't even going to supply the game lol.  Maybe we shouldn't be paying for any of it. 
Is it really $25, or do you rent the DVR and receivers and have additional fees?

With streaming you purchase any device you want to use to receive the streaming services so there are upfront costs, but after that you don't get nickle and dimed so your $25 service is closer to $40.  Plus, with streaming services, you can switch around so it's ok to try Hulu vs Sling vs YouTubeTV, vs Sony at any time without breaking a contract.

AGR, I, too, am baffled (as many here are it seems) how in the year of our Lord 2019 the technical gyrations fans go through to watch the games of their favorite teams.  Your comment "When will they learn?" seemingly has the answer of "never".  

I understand the point someone made on a similar thread about revenue sharing among all the teams is built into the NFL Sunday Ticket pricing, but the NFL needs to price their product in a realistic fashion.  I know some football junkies will watch a Bengals/Titans game if nothing else is on.  That's not me anymore.  Why can't the NFL understand that and price a package for me and still make money?

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@AGRforever said:
@HappyViking said:

Good luck.

Is it really $25, or do you rent the DVR and receivers and have additional fees?

With streaming you purchase any device you want to use to receive the streaming services so there are upfront costs, but after that you don't get nickle and dimed so your $25 service is closer to $40.  Plus, with streaming services, you can switch around so it's ok to try Hulu vs Sling vs YouTubeTV, vs Sony at any time without breaking a contract.

I forgot they up'ed it $3.  My entire Dish Network bill including tax is $28.28.  I don't get a DVR and my second TV in the bedroom isn't in HD.  We don't need a DVR.  I can download anything I want.  We rarely watch dish in the bedroom.  Its almost always either Netfilx or Prime.  In the mornings I'll pop on the news but again I could get that off a radio for all I care because we're always to busy with kids to even look at the picture let alone care what quality it is lol. 

So for our TV budget its $28 for Dish.  $20ish for Netflix??  Prime...we get that for the shipping.  Usually a large hard drive per year to store what is downloaded ($150ish?).  I'd dare say I have 20TB of movies and shows labeled and categorized.  I've got 3/4s of the Viking games for the past several years even. 

Quote: @Ralphie said:
AGR, I, too, am baffled (as many here are it seems) how in the year of our Lord 2019 the technical gyrations fans go through to watch the games of their favorite teams.  Your comment "When will they learn?" seemingly has the answer of "never".  

I understand the point someone made on a similar thread about revenue sharing among all the teams is built into the NFL Sunday Ticket pricing, but the NFL needs to price their product in a realistic fashion.  I know some football junkies will watch a Bengals/Titans game if nothing else is on.  That's not me anymore.  Why can't the NFL understand that and price a package for me and still make money?
I guess the answer to that is they're making enough money anyway?  So why care?  I was sick of paying $65/mo plus $200 for the ticket.  Now its North of $75 plus $300 for the ticket. 

Screw them.  Thats $750/year more then what I'm paying now to watch the Vikings.  I can afford to take my family to nose bleed seats for that price!!!