Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL missing opportunity
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Vikergirl said:
They are missing out on the younger fans that will never pay for cable. I am glad I cut the cord. I absolutely love sling and roku. I wish I would have cut it a long time ago but oh well. My son hates commercials. They don't bother me as much but it's nice how much time you save without them. 
My son and his girlfriend hate commercials, too. They don't have cable TV, just Google Chromecast and Netflix. He's in the tech industry, so he knows where to find stuff for cheap online and how to configure it. Also does Google Fi for a cell phone, only costs him $30 a month. Thinks regular TV is a joke, as far as how people watch it traditionally.
My son is a tech guy too and configures everything. He is my go-to for all things technical. It's handy. Your son and my son are definitely lucky to have those skill sets. 

Quote: @Wetlander said:
I can't do it...  I watch too much football and can't give up the Sunday Ticket.  And the thought of missing a Vikings game...  it would kill me.  I would be all over an "ala carte" approach though...  $100 just to get the Vikings games...  sign me up.
Agree Wetlander.  Would love ala carte coverage of the Vikes games & Redzone channel.

I will be hitting my local spot, I cut the cable saving me over 60 bucks a month. 20 bucks a week in food in drinks saves me money and I can hang with other fans

This may be a little late, but you can watch the game tonight in the Yahoo sports app.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Ala carte is coming, MB. It has to be. This dated business model of shoving shit down our throats we don't want is going by the boards. 

I'll say this: I don't get the NFL Sunday Ticket anymore. I stopped 2 years ago. I am addicted to the Redzone Channel. ADDICTED. The amount of commercials during a 3 hour NFL game from beginning to end is nauseating and infuriating. I only record them and watch the Viking games that way and FF during commercial and halftime.
Wait, how do you record and watch Viking games on Redzone? I can get that for another $10 addition to my playstation vue subscription. But my impression of Redzone is that it only shows you pieces of the game?
It doesn't show full games, I just love the back and forth non-stop action. It fits my attention span now much better. 
Wait... So you don't watch the full Vikings games!? :o

Or did I misunderstand? I can't imagine not watching em. My favorite show on TV by a mile.