Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL missing opportunity
So I cut the cord last March and couldn't be happier. No more DTV, no Ticket, no more $150 payments for watching Colbert once or twice a week. But this week will be the first real test. 

Viking game is not on local TV, which I fully expected to happen for several games. For those games the plan was to either find a satellite feed on Reddit or go to the Vikings bar. However, this week I will not be able to watch it live since my son's baseball game is at the same time.

To be able to come home from the baseball game, crack open a beer and watch the game from the beginning would be something I would pay handsomely for, as long as you don't strap me to paying for ALL the games, 95% of which I will never watch. And I suspect I'm not alone. The NFL needs to rid itself of its DTV connection and start offering individual games ala carte. Seems ridiculous to me that in 2019 this is not already happening. 

Ala carte is coming, MB. It has to be. This dated business model of shoving shit down our throats we don't want is going by the boards. 

I'll say this: I don't get the NFL Sunday Ticket anymore. I stopped 2 years ago. I am addicted to the Redzone Channel. ADDICTED. The amount of commercials during a 3 hour NFL game from beginning to end is nauseating and infuriating. I only record them and watch the Viking games that way and FF during commercial and halftime.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Ala carte is coming, MB. It has to be. This dated business model of shoving shit down our throats we don't want is going by the boards. 

I'll say this: I don't get the NFL Sunday Ticket anymore. I stopped 2 years ago. I am addicted to the Redzone Channel. ADDICTED. The amount of commercials during a 3 hour NFL game from beginning to end is nauseating and infuriating. I only record them and watch the Viking games that way and FF during commercial and halftime.
Wait, how do you record and watch Viking games on Redzone? I can get that for another $10 addition to my playstation vue subscription. But my impression of Redzone is that it only shows you pieces of the game?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Wait, how do you record and watch Viking games on Redzone? I can get that for another $10 addition to my playstation vue subscription. But my impression of Redzone is that it only shows you pieces of the game?
It doesn't show full games, I just love the back and forth non-stop action. It fits my attention span now much better. 

MB, I cut the "feed" 5+ years ago and don't miss it.  Living here in Cheezeville, I'm guaranteed seeing the Vikes 2 times on the local Puker station, plus if the Green & Yella are on Bye or the late game/Thur game/Sun game, they usually have the Vikes or Vikes vs. Detroit or Bears.  In essence, with the times the Vikes are the national prime-time game and other North coverage games, I'll see them 4-6 times a year anyway.

Sticky, I pitched the ala carte to DTV years ago and told them I'd gladly pay $100 per year just for Vikes games.  Still waiting...

Didn't have a cord to cut here, out in Seachicken land.  Used to go to bars, but that is spendy.  Loved the NFL Rewind when it was $40 for just the viking games.  But the greedy bastards priced that out.  So now I find other ways.

I can't do it...  I watch too much football and can't give up the Sunday Ticket.  And the thought of missing a Vikings game...  it would kill me.  I would be all over an "ala carte" approach though...  $100 just to get the Vikings games...  sign me up.

https://rvealdeal.ca/products/streaming-bundle-android-tv-box-rvealtv-app

150 bucks.  Just need internet. 

All games are streamed.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
So I cut the cord last March and couldn't be happier. No more DTV, no Ticket, no more $150 payments for watching Colbert once or twice a week. But this week will be the first real test. 

Viking game is not on local TV, which I fully expected to happen for several games. For those games the plan was to either find a satellite feed on Reddit or go to the Vikings bar. However, this week I will not be able to watch it live since my son's baseball game is at the same time.

To be able to come home from the baseball game, crack open a beer and watch the game from the beginning would be something I would pay handsomely for, as long as you don't strap me to paying for ALL the games, 95% of which I will never watch. And I suspect I'm not alone. The NFL needs to rid itself of its DTV connection and start offering individual games ala carte. Seems ridiculous to me that in 2019 this is not already happening. 
https://www.nflfullhd.com/
Problem solved. 

whats that set up where if 2 people both have a device that the receiver can view what ever the sending unit is watching?  Was that sling tv?   maybe find somebody else that is for sure watching the game and work with them?