Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings will sign WR Josh Doctson
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Cut one bust, going to give another bust a shot. 5 WRers on the team now. More potential in this guy than Treadwell, but its nothing more than a flier. 
It is a flier but after hearing about his time in Washington Im a bit more optimistic than at first glance.  He was injured and missed his whole rookie season. His second season with Cousins he had 35 catches and 6 TD's, then last season with garbage QB's he only had 1 TD.  I would take 6 TD's from a #4 or #5 receiver.  

Quote: @"Purple Haze" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Cut one bust, going to give another bust a shot. 5 WRers on the team now. More potential in this guy than Treadwell, but its nothing more than a flier. 
It is a flier but after hearing about his time in Washington Im a bit more optimistic than at first glance.  He was injured and missed his whole rookie season. His second season with Cousins he had 35 catches and 6 TD's, then last season with garbage QB's he only had 1 TD.  I would take 6 TD's from a #4 or #5 receiver.  
intersting point,  I wonder how this affects Beebes roll after a disappointing pre season and the emergence of Bisi as what I view as the 3rd best receiver on the roster.  Does this push Beebe down to the 5th spot once Docson is up to speed?   They kept Abdullah so I am thinking he gets the PR role?

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
IMO this is mostly that Spielman probably wanted Doctson three years ago. That said, on paper he has been more effective than Treadwell.

I would guess it is more of a Cousins thing -- I would assume they ran through the pros and cons of the available receivers with Cousins and Cousins spoke favorably of Doctson.  Cousins and Treadwell were never on the same page so I am sure Doctson's prior chemistry with Cousins weighed heavily in his favor.

Sounds like they made it official.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
Sounds like they made it official.

Doctson signed a one year deal.

and good by Brett Jones to make room for said WR.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
and good by Brett Jones to make room for said WR.

I believe your right, I thought I saw that on Viking.com.

I haven't been this excited since we signed Michael Floyd...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
That puts it in perspective. At least Floyd was a has-been...

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
That puts it in perspective. At least Floyd was a has-been...

That's because he liked his "Tea" way too much...