Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT. And you wonder why we don’t trust the media.
Quote:

This next election is going to be brutal...I am saddened at how the extremists on both sides have polarized the country. Not hard to believe 2020 will further divide the nation - sides are dug-in, entrenched. 

Probably take a fucking war to unite the country again.
Kinda seems like the war's already starting, among us.  The "main" parties and their media pets are always stirring the pot that we swim in.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:

It's zealotry.
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

...I am saddened at how the extremists on both sides have polarized the country. 

Wink 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:
Agreed Jimmy, corporate farms are a big issue.
Ive had this chat with all my farmer friends. What is a corporate farm today?  Is it any LLC or corporation tax identification on a farm?  If its that simple dang near all modern farms are (family farms included) There are very few farms anymore that arent held inside some sort of trust, corp, llc etc.

Is it revenue based?  Acres run?  Number of employees? Everyone blames “corporate farms” because its become a buzz word.  But what does that mean when there really arent many sole proprietor farms (from a taxation label) out there. 
Good question.  One that really has no solid answer,  for me it's those that are getting their funding and direction from sources outside the traditional lender lendee system.  Farmers who have sold their souls to JD financial, or Dow, Monsanto, or any of the other major corporations that have gotten into farming.  Anybody making decisions on a farm operation  but dont grind a little dirt with their boots qualify as corporate farms IMO.

Another source for the drop in bean prices needs to be the paper farmer.  The speculation market has a bigger affect on ag prices than anything in the actual markets.  This year across the midwest there has been horrible weather for corn and small grains so many more acres were planted to beans than normal due to the early wet conditions as well as what had been a really shitty corn market...as a result the commodity dorks in the concrete jungles,  that actually set the prices,  are pushing beans down on the expectation of a surplus come harvest time.