Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings to Host Josh Kline for Visit
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
What's telling is this happened what, 2 days ago? And nobody on the board gives a shit how it went, including me. 
He arrived in Mpls yesterday afternoon and is scheduled to tour the facilities today. Nobody cares because, one, they're looking at his 2018 season as who he is, rather than his entire career, which is better. He was a middling to top-half guard in '14, '15, '16, and '17. He was near the bottom in '18. And two, even at his best, signing him is not necessarily an improvement over Easton, but holding serve.

Improvement on the OL will have to come from the draft. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
What's telling is this happened what, 2 days ago? And nobody on the board gives a shit how it went, including me. 
He arrived in Mpls yesterday afternoon and is scheduled to tour the facilities today. Nobody cares because, one, they're looking at his 2018 season as who he is, rather than his entire career, which is better. He was a middling to top-half guard in '14, '15, '16, and '17. He was near the bottom in '18. And two, even at his best, signing him is not necessarily an improvement over Easton, but holding serve.

And Dennison coaching...

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Exactly...  typically it doesn't pay to get excited about a FA visit... look at all the players getting massive deals that likely won't live up to the contracts.  Saffold was the only OL worth getting excited over in this FA class.  Ja'Wuan James, Billy Turner, Trent Brown, etc. were all significantly overpaid and frankly, I don't think they are that much better options than a guy like Kline.
I'm frustrated the Vikings couldn't get Saffold to plug right into LG, but after we re-signed Barr that was never a realistic option.  The Vikings are definitely taking an offensive lineman early and likely two with their first couple picks.  I could easily see DL (if their is a run on OTs before 18) followed up with OG and an OT...  or the Vikings may take a guy like Dillard and plug him in at LT, slide Reiff over to LG, keep O'Neill at RT and draft a RG in the 2nd-4th.
There are a bunch of different combos the Vikings could entertain, but you're 100% right...  the real improvement to the OL will have to come from the draft.