Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BRob.02
Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
Its hard for me to buy the “speilman has a vendetta or lies”. angle.  its all business decisions. We all loved Brob, but it was a little overboard here in the reaction to the front office and i attribute that to the presence of insiders here and people wanting to be respectful to him/them.  
or maybe we have had real interactions with him and heard him talk about issues from the past in person.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
Its hard for me to buy the “speilman has a vendetta or lies”. angle.  its all business decisions. We all loved Brob, but it was a little overboard here in the reaction to the front office and i attribute that to the presence of insiders here and people wanting to be respectful to him/them.  
or maybe we have had real interactions with him and heard him talk about issues from the past in person.
Or when you see heart, you want to reward that.  Most players don't have much loyalty other than the $.  And in a gladiator business, that is understandable.  But occasionally there is one that stands apart.  One that cares and truly wants to bring a championship to our team.  Yeah we might get a bit sentimental when that is the case.  But that is what being a fan is about.  Caring a tad too much about something you have so little control over.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
Or when you see heart, you want to reward that.  Most players don't have much loyalty other than the $.  And in a gladiator business, that is understandable.  But occasionally there is one that stands apart.  One that cares and truly wants to bring a championship to our team.  
...which is why Spielman hated him? Maybe there are things I don't know, but this one has never passed the smell test to me. Just doesn't make any sense. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
I believe what you are saying, and its backed up by Pops final meltdown on this board while cheering on NJ vikes conspiracy theories.    I just am not buying it, reeks of sour grapes to me, not some improbable personal vendetta against the Vikings orgs  best interests.  Maybe Spielman is the king of all assholes, i dont know him, but it doesnt pass the smell test as another poster said

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
Or when you see heart, you want to reward that.  Most players don't have much loyalty other than the $.  And in a gladiator business, that is understandable.  But occasionally there is one that stands apart.  One that cares and truly wants to bring a championship to our team.  
...which is why Spielman hated him? Maybe there are things I don't know, but this one has never passed the smell test to me. Just doesn't make any sense. 
Never said it passed the smell test.  It was all sorts of weird IMO.  They let local boy Greenway have one final run.  They honored JAs final season, overpaided Adrian for several years but wouldn't keep a productive popular vet after he took a second paycut.  Didn't make any dollars or sense.

The old saying "There's 3 sides to every story; yours, mine and what they print in the Sunday paper" applies here, IMO. And the ONLY side that has been heard from is the Player's.

Meanwhile, the FO signed the Top 2 FAs on the market last season. Despite the awful human being that RS allegedly is.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
The old saying "There's 3 sides to every story; yours, mine and what they print in the Sunday paper" applies here, IMO. And the ONLY side that has been heard from is the Player's.

Meanwhile, the FO signed the Top 2 FAs on the market last season. Despite the awful human being that RS allegedly is.
but yet now this year 2 players that have played their entire career for the Vikings would rather face the uncertainty of free agency than to negotiate a pay cut with spielman and stay with the only place they have ever called home when the team is at or near a peak in terms of challenging for a championship.   why would they not be wanting to rework their deals to stay on a contender and not have to relocate their families as their careers wind down?   

lots of things dont smell right IMO and unfortunately a lot of them stem from spielmans chair.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
Jimmy clearly doesn't watch ESPN. How do I know that? Because there is a large number of former Players from every team sport serving as commentators on the talk shows with a nearly Universal opinion that Players don't let what others Players are going through contract-wise get to them.

They don't care about who is holding out. Who is making noise about a new deal. Or who is in a tough restructure situation.

They only care about their own situation. And that is according to dozens of former athletes. It's the only thing they can control.

Now if we're talking Agents that's another thing. If Griff or Rudy has BRob's Agent it could get ugly as they absolutely hold a grudge with GMs and even Organizations.

I don't disagree with that - except a renegotiation literally is something they can control. It's not dollar amounts that they are comparing their situations to - it's comparing a precedent sent to their own current situation they are in control of. 

If they had no say and they team could flex/force new terms then i'd say yea, it's something out of their control and something they ultimately shouldn't worry about. It's entirely in their control if they are asked to take a paycut - they can say 'f off' and then go back to not worrying about the process.

Ultimately there are a ton of nuances to this kind of thing - but I would expect something like an expectation to be cut in camp to be mitigated in renegotiation on the agents side and it would be on the Vikes to decide if they want to have something like guaranteed money spread out over the deal. If the Vikes even try to write the deal in a way that makes it easy to cut them i'd know better and walk.

i don't really disagree with anyone either though - Rudy being harder to replace in my opinion that Griff - i'm ok with continuing to build these two positions with younger, less expensive, players. The cap relief will be nice; we are stacked seemingly at DE. I'm ok with moving on and like the idea of adding a new weapon at TE.