Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BRob.02
Report: Everson Griffen and Kyle Rudolph not interested in restructuring contractsIf neither are willing to re-do their deals, the Vikings off-season and free agency plans have just changed

Any believe there's any merit to this?

[Image: Buh-Bye.jpg]

They might not be interested, but may have to to stay with the team. 

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
[Image: Buh-Bye.jpg]
This.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
hows that?  if they dont renegotiate the team cuts them and they are free to sign with who ever is interested,  and there will be interest.  They may not be making as much as they are set to make now,  but they will be doing it on their own terms and with full knowledge of what the market will bear.

Trade 'em both.  EG might get a 3rd (at most)... and Rudolph might get a 5th (at most).  We'll miss EG... but Rudy is pretty replaceable (at least in our offensive scheme he is).  I think Man-Bun is a better all-round TE (simply because he can also catch 5 yard dump passes... but he is a far better blocker).

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
hows that?  if they dont renegotiate the team cuts them and they are free to sign with who ever is interested,  and there will be interest.  They may not be making as much as they are set to make now,  but they will be doing it on their own terms and with full knowledge of what the market will bear.
To stay with the Vikings.

After watching athletic TEs like Kelce, Kittle, Reed, etc I'm ready to move on from Rudy...we need something that's going to prevent teams from doubling Theilan and Diggs...Rudy ain't it..I'd try and keep Griff for depth at  a lower cap number...Weatherly has a better all around game and is much cheaper...

It would probably be in the best interest of both players to restructure.  Rudy is 29 and Griffen is over 30...  With Griffen's mental health issue earlier this season, I don't see teams lining up to give him a bunch of money if the Vikings cut him.  Same with Rudy...  I don't see a team overpaying for a TE that is good, not great.

If they want to force the Vikings hands, they may find out that they'll be making much less next season than what the Vikings are offering in a restructured deal.  See Adrian Peterson...  

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
It would probably be in the best interest of both players to restructure.  Rudy is 29 and Griffen is over 30...  With Griffen's mental health issue earlier this season, I don't see teams lining up to give him a bunch of money if the Vikings cut him.  Same with Rudy...  I don't see a team overpaying for a TE that is good, not great.

If they want to force the Vikings hands, they may find out that they'll be making much less next season than what the Vikings are offering in a restructured deal.  See Adrian Peterson...  
This I agree with totally. Rudy is a sentimental favorite of mine. Griff is a team captain and has been an anchor on the D line. They both have issues that other teams might factor into the offering price. However no other team can offer the kind of importance they would have right here. It's better to be an aging star on your team then possibly a big disappointment on someone else's if they paided too much. I am too sentimental.