Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williams In Play At 18?
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Yeah, but will we want him? These mid-January rankings are worthless IMO. This time last year Orlando Brown was a top 10 pick. He went in the 3rd. Arden Key was a first rounder. He went in the 3rd. 

It won't be until these so-called "experts" get a chance to talk to actual scouts and actual NFL personnel at the combine and Senior Bowl before these rankings and mock drafts will start to dial in a little bit. 

Orlando Brown played really well this year. They dropped the ball on him late. This is why I haven't really put all my eggs into the combine. It helps, sure.., Orlando Brown is simply a gamer IMO

Quote: @medaille said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Does a massive G fit with what we want? There was a massive G available last year and we passed on him...
Who knows what Stefanski’s preference is.  Then you thrown in Zimmer’s comment about wanting
to be more physical on the OLine.  Then
you throw Kubiak into the mix.

I would guess that we’re going to value guys who can move
more than guys who are massive, but I think we would highly value big physical
guys who can also move.  I think we would
definitely draft Hernandez this year if we had a chance to redo it.  He’s big and mobile.
I think we overestimated how bad the need was for OLine, and overestimated the availability of guards where we picked, but this season I think there's going to be a much more heightened focus on drafting OLine.

In hindsight they fully intended to go guard in the 1st last year but the two players they really liked Ragnow & Wynn (in that order) were gone by pick #23. They did try to move up but the price was just to high. When the players you are willing to take are gone you just need to select the best player which in their minds was Hughes. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@medaille said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Does a massive G fit with what we want? There was a massive G available last year and we passed on him...
Who knows what Stefanski’s preference is.  Then you thrown in Zimmer’s comment about wanting
to be more physical on the OLine.  Then
you throw Kubiak into the mix.

I would guess that we’re going to value guys who can move
more than guys who are massive, but I think we would highly value big physical
guys who can also move.  I think we would
definitely draft Hernandez this year if we had a chance to redo it.  He’s big and mobile.
I think we overestimated how bad the need was for OLine, and overestimated the availability of guards where we picked, but this season I think there's going to be a much more heightened focus on drafting OLine.

In hindsight they fully intended to go guard in the 1st last year but the two players they really liked Ragnow & Wynn (in that order) were gone by pick #23. They did try to move up but the price was just to high. When the players you are willing to take are gone you just need to select the best player which in their minds was Hughes. 

Mike Hughes was the best pick and still is IMO. Look at what happened to Rhodes... Granted Hill and Waynes played really well, but there weren't much options after that. That is why if Hughes had stayed healthy, we wouldn't have even seen much of a drop off.

Ragnow had a rough rookie season if I recall correctly?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Ragnow had a rough rookie season if I recall correctly?
From what I can gather, he started poorly but improved. Sounds like it was mostly up and down after that. He had really bad weeks (like against Aaron Donald) and really good weeks where he was the best player at his position (according to PFF). 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Bullazin said:
we shoild prolly keep in mind Rashod Hill will get a decent offer from another team.  If it ends up being 4-5 per i would roll with Compton as the swing T
can he play OT?  I have my doubts because he sure as hell cant play OG worth a damn.
yeah he has played T, not sure how well. He wasnt terrible at G but was below average. im thinking since cap is tight he may be just as good as Hill as a backup for 3 mill less.

in best case scenario we draft or sign a stud to play LT and move Reiff inside where he might be top 10. If Easton and Elf return to form we have a solid line.  This also allows us to use our draft capital better

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Bullazin said:
we shoild prolly keep in mind Rashod Hill will get a decent offer from another team.  If it ends up being 4-5 per i would roll with Compton as the swing T
can he play OT?  I have my doubts because he sure as hell cant play OG worth a damn.
yeah he has played T, not sure how well. He wasnt terrible at G but was below average. im thinking since cap is tight he may be just as good as Hill as a backup for 3 mill less.

in best case scenario we draft or sign a stud to play LT and move Reiff inside where he might be top 10. If Easton and Elf return to form we have a solid line.  This also allows us to use our draft capital better
I have more confidence in Collins coming back and either getting a OG spot or a swing OT.