Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Pro Bowl selections
One name that's missing that I wanted to see as a Pro Bowl caliber player was our new QB.  Cousins has had a decent year so far, but not as good as I had hoped.  Maybe we can place most of the blame for that on Flipper and the Oline.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
One name that's missing that I wanted to see as a Pro Bowl caliber player was our new QB.  Cousins has had a decent year so far, but not as good as I had hoped.  Maybe we can place most of the blame for that on Flipper and the Oline.
Yeah, it's the TEAM record and those turnovers that hurt.  He's likely on the short list when players start baling out.

For a Vikings QB he's having a very good season and statistical production is pretty good - about on pace for what we probably expected.  He's most likely going to finish second all time in season passing yards behind Daunte's '04 year.  Hopefully he hits 30+ touchdowns - which has only been achieved by a Vikings qb five times before.  He's sitting at 70.5 completion percentage which is just barely behind Bradford's franchise record 71.6%.  Without those fumbles and pick-sixes we'd see him in an even better light.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
@AGRforever said:
Why does Barr make it every year?  If you look at this board most are over him at this point. Are we all dramatically under valueing him?

I can say whichever team gets him as a FA is going to look at his track record of being a prowbowler and think they hit a home run. 
If Barr goes they are going to need to use their first round pick to replace him.  So there goes that pick that could gave been used on an offensive lineman.

You guys do seriously undervalue him.
There's a lot to consider here. First, did the Defense show signs of regression during the games he was out? I'd say no.

Second, his coverage skills have declined sharply this year. Kendricks too, but not as drastically.

Third, Big Nickel and a kot more Zone Concepts have become ways keep your LBs from getting stuck trying to cover someone like Kamara or a Move TE or Slot WR.

I can very easily see Zimmer being interested in finding a Middle Linebacker that is stronger against the run than Kendricks and moving him outside.

I can also envision Mike going after a Safety/LB hybrid as a different way to counter what Offenses are doing.

But neither direction necessarily means using a 1st Round pick to replace Barr. The Michigan and LSU MLBs are the best 4-3 Linebackers in this Draft and i don't have either graded as being better than Kendricks.

I think the real decision will be between a stud DT and best available O-Lineman in the 1st. Barr's replacement will come in the 2nd or 3rs.

Does anyone really care about the Pro Bowl anymore? By the time they actually play the game, Blake Bortles will be starting for the AFC when everyone bows out. 

No, I don't think too many care about the game itself.  It's more about the honor, recognition, and of course the bonus for players.

Switching focus to Hunter...  Great season!  We all expected or hoped for a big sack number out of him and he's delivered.  I'd love to see him take Stafford down about 4-5 times on Sunday to put an exclamation on his selection.  He did have 3.5 of the 10 in the first meeting this season...