Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cook Liking the "New Look" Offense
Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BlackMagic7" said:
*He has been with the Vikings since 2006.

TWO THOUSAND AND SIX! That is insane. He could probably tell you how Brad Childress likes his coffee. He has been through and seen everything that we have, along side this team, for the past 12 years...

While we've sat and bitched about what is wrong with all of these coaches, coordinators, schemes etc., this guy has been through all of it. He's like someone off this message board combined with 12 straight years of learning the ropes coaching with this team and now he reigns over this offense. The last thing he should be confused or uncertain about is how to use these players. 

I know, I remember that from the offseason when he was being considered along with Flip. Just to give everyone an idea of how long ago that was, Brad Johnson was our QB, Chester Taylor was our RB (the year before we drafted Adrian), Travis Taylor and Troy Williamson were our WRs
Where's the "vomit" emoji when you need it...
Robert Ferguson caught it and took it to the house. It think it's on his mantle now.

lol! You know what's worse than that stupid video? 

All off-season, we were like "YES, HE GOT NEW CONTACT LENSES! LET'S GO!!!!"

Quote: @"GodThor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BlackMagic7" said:

TWO THOUSAND AND SIX! That is insane. He could probably tell you how Brad Childress likes his coffee. He has been through and seen everything that we have, along side this team, for the past 12 years...

While we've sat and bitched about what is wrong with all of these coaches, coordinators, schemes etc., this guy has been through all of it. He's like someone off this message board combined with 12 straight years of learning the ropes coaching with this team and now he reigns over this offense. The last thing he should be confused or uncertain about is how to use these players. 

I know, I remember that from the offseason when he was being considered along with Flip. Just to give everyone an idea of how long ago that was, Brad Johnson was our QB, Chester Taylor was our RB (the year before we drafted Adrian), Travis Taylor and Troy Williamson were our WRs. 
LOL, that sure was a lean year.  
Lean fricken decade.  Fergeson, Bobby Wade, Marcus Robinson, Koren, Berrian were all #1 or 2 WRs for us from 04-08

Then we soon upgraded, signing Devin Aromashodu.  Confused 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BlackMagic7" said:

I know, I remember that from the offseason when he was being considered along with Flip. Just to give everyone an idea of how long ago that was, Brad Johnson was our QB, Chester Taylor was our RB (the year before we drafted Adrian), Travis Taylor and Troy Williamson were our WRs
Where's the "vomit" emoji when you need it...

That was so frustrating. Williamson was great at getting separation and position but couldn't catch anything.

Quote: @"GodThor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BlackMagic7" said:

I know, I remember that from the offseason when he was being considered along with Flip. Just to give everyone an idea of how long ago that was, Brad Johnson was our QB, Chester Taylor was our RB (the year before we drafted Adrian), Travis Taylor and Troy Williamson were our WRs. 
LOL, that sure was a lean year.  
Damn Koren Robinson being a dumb dumb in that offseason. What is crazy is Koren Robinson is 38 years old. Jerry Rice last season he was 42 years old. Crazy to think he could in theory have been playing still today.

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
Then we soon upgraded, signing Devin Aromashodu.  Confused 
That was in 2011. Aromashodu I always remember beating Winfield and getting that game winning TD in OT @Chicago in 09'. Stupid Peterson and his fumbleitis.