Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cook Liking the "New Look" Offense
https://sports.yahoo.com/minnesota-vikin...38026.html

At about the 1 min mark Cook's remarks slightly tell the story of frustration with the offense.  I don't get the feeling he was a big fan of the Flipper.  Hopefully things only get better moving forward.

I'm kind of shocked how long Kevin Stefanski has been around this organization. If anyone knows the players here and their skill-sets it's that guy.

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
I'm kind of shocked how long Kevin Stefanski has been around this organization. If anyone knows the players here and their skill-sets it's that guy.
And he's only 36 years old.

The real test comes Sunday and then against Chicago.

*He has been with the Vikings since 2006.

TWO THOUSAND AND SIX! That is insane. He could probably tell you how Brad Childress likes his coffee. He has been through and seen everything that we have, along side this team, for the past 12 years...

While we've sat and bitched about what is wrong with all of these coaches, coordinators, schemes etc., this guy has been through all of it. He's like someone off this message board combined with 12 straight years of learning the ropes coaching with this team and now he reigns over this offense. The last thing he should be confused or uncertain about is how to use these players. 

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:

TWO THOUSAND AND SIX! That is insane. He could probably tell you how Brad Childress likes his coffee. He has been through and seen everything that we have, along side this team, for the past 12 years...

While we've sat and bitched about what is wrong with all of these coaches, coordinators, schemes etc., this guy has been through all of it. He's like someone off this message board combined with 12 straight years of learning the ropes coaching with this team and now he reigns over this offense. The last thing he should be confused or uncertain about is how to use these players. 

I know, I remember that from the offseason when he was being considered along with Flip. Just to give everyone an idea of how long ago that was, Brad Johnson was our QB, Chester Taylor was our RB (the year before we drafted Adrian), Travis Taylor and Troy Williamson were our WRs. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"BlackMagic7" said:

I know, I remember that from the offseason when he was being considered along with Flip. Just to give everyone an idea of how long ago that was, Brad Johnson was our QB, Chester Taylor was our RB (the year before we drafted Adrian), Travis Taylor and Troy Williamson were our WRs. 
LOL, that sure was a lean year.  

Quote: @"GodThor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BlackMagic7" said:

God, no kidding. Travis Taylor and Troy Williamson. Funny thing is both were 1st rounders. Both top 10 picks. Now, we slog along with a 5th rounder and an undrafted tryout kid. 

@"GodThor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BlackMagic7" said:

God, no kidding. Travis Taylor and Troy Williamson. Funny thing is both were 1st rounders. Both top 10 picks. Now, we slog along with a 5th rounder and an undrafted tryout kid. 

Now i'm really curious to see if his long term tenure here has really manifested into some kind of higher level playcalling ... how many reps did Treadwell get against Miami?

...anyone who went through Troy Williamson should understand you don't line guys up who can't catch the ball...

edit: looked it up. 22 snaps. 31.9%, a season low. Boom. It's working.

@"BlackMagic7" said:

I know, I remember that from the offseason when he was being considered along with Flip. Just to give everyone an idea of how long ago that was, Brad Johnson was our QB, Chester Taylor was our RB (the year before we drafted Adrian), Travis Taylor and Troy Williamson were our WRs
Where's the "vomit" emoji when you need it...

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"BlackMagic7" said:

I know, I remember that from the offseason when he was being considered along with Flip. Just to give everyone an idea of how long ago that was, Brad Johnson was our QB, Chester Taylor was our RB (the year before we drafted Adrian), Travis Taylor and Troy Williamson were our WRs
Where's the "vomit" emoji when you need it...