Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big $$ QB
Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Good bounce-back game by Capt'n tonight...Out-dueled Rogers, no small feat. 
Still wish they could just put teams away once in awhile. Alas, it seems not to be in 2018.

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Good bounce-back game by Capt'n tonight...Out-dueled Rogers, no small feat. 
Still wish they could just put teams away once in awhile. Alas, it seems not to be in 2018.
Yea but at least Zimmer tried to put them away in the 4th by not kicking a FG and going on 4th and 2.  He was also aggressive on some other calls in the second half where we dominated.

The first almost 2 quarters was just shooting yourself in the foot on the Viking's part. Pretty obvious Minnesota was the better team.

Quote: @"Purple Haze" said:
@"holmanjp" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
All things considered, we'll know more about Cousins next year. I know he has his own issues but some of them would be resolved with an OL. There would be a total bitchfest if the Vikings didn't get a qb.
I agree if Case stayed and MN was 5-4-1 you would have total melt downs of how bad the QB was.

I keep going back to Den vs MN
Den needs to go 1-6 to = last years win record.
MN needs to go 6-0 to end up with 2 less wins vs last year.

MN has scored 3 more points than they did after 10 games last season on average.
Den has score 50 more points.
Denver vs Minn is an apples to oranges comparison.  Look at Keenums numbers in Denvers wins.  197-2-0,  205-0-0, 161-1-1, 220-1, 329-3-3.   He averages 222 yards per game has 7 TD’s and 5 picks. He is in Denver what he was in Minnesota, a game manager.  Cousins in Minnesotas wins.  254 yards per game 10 TD’s 2 ints.  Also in the Rams loss he threw for over 400 yards  and in the tie with the Packers he threw for over 400 yards, in the Saints loss he threw for over 350 yards.  Has cousins made some mistakes ?  Sure, but some of those mistakes were due to a new team and a new system.  The pick six in the saints game was just as much Diggs fault.  Diggs actually took the blame for it.  Bottom line is Keenum can rarely win you a game, and the Broncos are not winning because of him.  Cousins can put a team on his back and win a game for you.  He is more accurate, has a stronger arm and definetly throws a better deep ball than Keenum.  Keenum is more elusive, other than that Cousins is a better QB in every catagory.
Yes Den vs MN is apples to oranges.

Den won 5 games last year vs 5 already this year with 5 games left , so Case did nothing to hurt their win loss record.
They have scored 54 more points in 11 games vs last years average points per game scored, so he has not hurt their points per game.

MN needs to finish 5-0 to end up with only 2 fewer wins vs last season, They were supposed to be a QB away from SB.
MN has scored 3 points more than last years team after 11 weeks vs last years average points per game scored

Yes I agree Kirk has a lot of TD's and yards, now if there was only away to weight the garbage yards and TD's vs realistic ones.

So can we agree DEN was not as good a team as MN was last year.
Yet some how with a scrub QB this year. They will be no worse than last years team.

Yes Kirk with out looking has 254 yards in games won, last year Case the scrub only had 250. Thank god for the extra 4 yards per win.
That must be where all the extra wins this year are coming from.

Case had 20 TD's in 11 wins or 1.9 per win
Kirk has 1.66 per win, 
Case .47 INT per win
Kirk .33 this must be where the extra wins are coming from

Now go look at all the TD's yards and INT's lost fumbles Kirk has in losses.
VS Case last year.

My thought is Kirk has not done $26 Million better than Case did last year.
So the question really is if Kirk ended up in Den this year would that team have more than 5 wins
We have agreed, I think that MN is a better team than Den is/was last year