Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knee - Jerk - Rodgers
Quote: @"greediron" said:
and if anyone has a link to a video of that skip, I would love to watch it.
https://twitter.com/SconnieSports/status/1063286303964450816

Rodgers clearly misses his safety valve outlet Jordy Nelson. Nelson would go "playground' when AR was in trouble, and bail him out. These young receivers aren't scrambling around, thus defenses are getting a ton of coverage sacks. Pack couldn't keep Rodgers and Nelson, so Rodgers greed wins out, and the packers suffer.

Rodgers is always giving his oline and receivers dirty looks, he has as much of a body language issue as Cutler did for the bears, IMHO.  

That's funny---scowl at the players that are actually keeping you upright.

that'll build teamwork

Quote: @"JoDakota" said:
Rodgers clearly misses his safety valve outlet Jordy Nelson. Nelson would go "playground' when AR was in trouble, and bail him out. These young receivers aren't scrambling around, thus defenses are getting a ton of coverage sacks. Pack couldn't keep Rodgers and Nelson, so Rodgers greed wins out, and the packers suffer.

Rodgers is always giving his oline and receivers dirty looks, he has as much of a body language issue as Cutler did for the bears, IMHO.  
I was thinking  the same  about  his  body langue it reminded me of cutler lol

Quote: @"Viking1987" said:
@"JoDakota" said:

Agree, but he has been doing that since day one but the media always put a positive spin on it because they win.

If you pout or yell at your teammates on a losing team then you are an A-hole.  Not so competitive that you can't stand mistakes even from your teammates/coaches. So winning and losing determine whether you are an A-hole vs super competitive.  

Favre was ultra competitive but I rarely saw him call out his WR/OL.  The came crybaby Rodgers who has been pouting since Favre was there.

Now I am sure some folks have further memories then I do but the first QB I saw that would "regularly" bitch at his WR's was Dan Marino.  That was accepted because he was a winner (I know no super bowl but still a winner overall).  It used to be a no-no to show up any teammate.  Tom Brady does it routinely as well.  Now I happen to think that Brady is the Goat and Marino is close to Top 5 all time so I am not biased against them just pointing out hat winners can get away with.  

I also think their is a difference on how you handle it.  Again Rodgers is a pouter (like Cutler) while Marino and Brady are just more in your face and up front to their teammates so man-to-man.  Guys like Rodgers/Cutler give off that vibe of frustration because nothing is ever their fault.  IMO

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"Viking1987" said:
@"JoDakota" said:

Agree, but he has been doing that since day one but the media always put a positive spin on it because they win.

If you pout or yell at your teammates on a losing team then you are an A-hole.  Not so competitive that you can't stand mistakes even from your teammates/coaches. So winning and losing determine whether you are an A-hole vs super competitive.  

Favre was ultra competitive but I rarely saw him call out his WR/OL.  The came crybaby Rodgers who has been pouting since Favre was there.

Now I am sure some folks have further memories then I do but the first QB I saw that would "regularly" bitch at his WR's was Dan Marino.  That was accepted because he was a winner (I know no super bowl but still a winner overall).  It used to be a no-no to show up any teammate.  Tom Brady does it routinely as well.  Now I happen to think that Brady is the Goat and Marino is close to Top 5 all time so I am not biased against them just pointing out hat winners can get away with.  

I also think their is a difference on how you handle it.  Again Rodgers is a pouter (like Cutler) while Marino and Brady are just more in your face and up front to their teammates so man-to-man.  Guys like Rodgers/Cutler give off that vibe of frustration because nothing is ever their fault.  IMO
I agree with everything you said

I can't put any dirt on the Packer's grave quite yet: pretty easy schedule for them upcoming. We've seen a wildcard Green Bay team get to the Superbowl. When it happens, then I'll believe it. Big game tonight for Minnesota, with a loss its not like Minnesota and Green Bay are that far apart. 

One week at a time as its pretty tough to shake the ultimate disappointment that comes with a Viking's season historically. Always hopeful the cycle gets broken. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I can't put any dirt on the Packer's grave quite yet: pretty easy schedule for them upcoming. We've seen a wildcard Green Bay team get to the Superbowl. When it happens, then I'll believe it. Big game tonight for Minnesota, with a loss its not like Minnesota and Green Bay are that far apart. 

One week at a time as its pretty tough to shake the ultimate disappointment that comes with a Viking's season historically. Always hopeful the cycle gets broken. 
im  ot doing the happy dance on their grave either...however...

In addition to suffering a crippling NFC loss this past Thursday, the Green Bay Packers also saw defensive tackle Mike Daniels limp off with a foot injury. According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, that injury could sideline the veteran defensive lineman for multiple weeks.

( that would include an encounter with our beloved Vikes )

And boys and girls, that means it's time for the annual Rodgers McCarthy feud report http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...er-offense.  The GB coaching job will not be good one for an offensive minded coach since you'll have to make sure your offense passes Aaron's approval. Nor will it be a good place for an OC with HC aspirations to go to - you'll get all the blame if the O struggles and no credit because who wouldn't run a successful offensive with Rodgers as QB.