Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knee - Jerk - Rodgers
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2806332-whats-wrong-with-aaron-rodgers

his completion percentage this season is his lowest since 2015 and his second-lowest since he became a starter in 2008. Rodgers is missing throws—just flat-out missing them—that he would usually be able to make in his sleep.

Is it knee jerk? Everyone is so quick to praise him when all is well and make excuses for him when it's not. He is part of the equation, he should get part of the criticism.

one thing that warms my cold heart is seeing AR and GB struggle.  I hope McCarthy gets one more year at least. 

As to they why, it is pretty clear to me, he is struggling.  And I don't think the knee is the reason, or at least not the primary reason. Take this tidbit
Quote:He's also nowhere near as mobile as we're accustomed to seeing him. He's
not Carson Palmer this year, but he's not Aaron Rodgers either. Rodgers
is getting sacked—a lot. Five times against the Seahawks. Thirty times
in total this season.
In the years when he has struggled, especially going back to his early years, he was too reliant on the home run, or the huge play.  He held the ball too long, hoping to get another media loving replay intoxicating Rodgers-esque play.  He seems to love his legend a bit too much.  Rather than take the plays that will continue the drive, he wants the highlight.  He is good at it, but in the past he has struggled with straying from the offense and going playground ball too often. 

Now having the inept MM calling plays helps drive this desire, but as a Viking fan, I think they are a perfect match.  If Rodgers had a coach that could keep him within the offense, he would be so much more dangerous.  So all things considered this year, the knee slowing him some, the lack of surrounding talent and MM's playcalling have all fed into his gigantic head and make him think he has to win it all on every play.  And it is easy to beat one guy playing on his own. 

I think too his mechanics are off some, maybe the knee has kept him out of practice enough to affect that, or perhaps he is like Cam, that huge arm that can make incredible throws without proper mechanics.  But then the simple throws... bounce in the dirt.

and if anyone has a link to a video of that skip, I would love to watch it.

Also everybody keeps talking about the catch made by Lockette near the end of the game as NOT being a catch?  Looked like a catch to me on all different angles.  Am I missing something?

Maybe it's just me, but AR just doesn't seem the same this season.  Maybe last years Barr injury and the week one ankle/knee injury has limited him.  He seems slower scrambling around and avoiding the rush, and doesn't throw as well (accuracy and distance). He still makes plays, but not as many.  He also has a PO'd disappointed look about him.  Almost like he's not fully engaged or is disinterested. 

I don't think it's the knee. Late in the game, Rodgers took off to run when the left side opened up.  Frank Clark (I think) just managed to grab a foot to keep AR from breaking a long run. He looked athletic and moved just fine.
Earlier in the game Rodgers threw a moderately long pass to his left. The pass was short; and not back shoulder short. It was way underthrown. That was weird to see.  And I don't think it was miscommunication with the receiver.  It was just a short throw.  Granted, Rodgers was back-pedaling a bit, but still, that's a throw he usually makes.  Even if he does not complete it, he at least gives his receiver a chance.  And that throw is all arm; the legs are not helping there. And the receiver never had a chance to make a play on the ball.
It looks to me like the arm that could throw darts under any circumstances - even when he was in midair or throwing deep to the right while running left - isn't quite the same now. At least it wasn't last night.  It is still elite, like he showed on the long pass to Adams, but it's not a wow! arm. In fact, on the long pass to Adams, I thought when he released it that the ball would get to farther than it did considering how hard he threw it.  He got his legs into that throw. 
Maybe it's wishful thinking, but what is it they say about father time? Still undefeated? I hope so.

I'm a little stunned at how much heat Rodgers is getting today.

There is always a P.C. response to how good he is when they lose. Rightfully so. It's always nauseating to read. But today in the comment section of PFT theres a 200+ to like 30- post that basically says, 'The Packers don't belong in the playoffs because Rodgers can't beat a good team on the road anyways.'  ... another comment, 'this guy is all [media] smoke and mirrors,' same like/dislike ratio.

It's as if that loss last night broke people... lol! He's getting straight hate. It's one thing to be a Vikings fan and naturally hate the guy. It's another to go from mad respect to mad hate just because the guy is over hyped non-stop and lost. Fans from teams across the league are enjoying poking fun at Rodger's "Legend" and it's enjoyable today.

PFT ran an article today talking about Rodger's presser. He snapped at a reporter retorting, "what kind of question is that?!" PFT generally takes offense to players degrading reporters (who are just doing their poor jobs), yet Florio for whatever reason refused to press the button. Then I noticed the reactions; it was as if people read through the lack of criticism in the article to dish out a Thanksgiving sized serving of their own.

Mike McCarthy - C - PackersNFL Network's Mike Silver reports "there's a growing sense" Mike McCarthy will be replaced after the season.
McCarthy is on the hot seat after another road loss. His job security has been a storyline all year, but McCarthy's track record is strong enough to avoid an in-season firing. McCarthy's questionable playcalling was on full display Thursday night, costing the Packers a chance to win by punting with four minutes remaining. Green Bay's playoff chances are looking slim with losses in three of their last four games. After a lame duck extension in January, the Packers can easily move on from McCarthy this offseason.Source: NFL Network

“...

If the Packers miss the playoffs for two seasons in a row, leaving their $180 million quarterback at home in January, there may be changes to be made in Green Bay
...”