Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kudos to the defense
Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
Great job by the D.  10 sacks, gotta love it.
Yup.  Think I called a beat down on Stafford, but had no idea it would be that bad.  Weatherly knocked him over with the LT.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/10591...84544?s=19
Loved this.
[Image: dg9bn5hkllxi.jpg]

We were fortunate that the defense was so dominant today and that the Lions were fortunate enough to trade away the "Vikings Killer" Golden Tate. I thought Cousins had one of his worst games as a Viking today. Trying to force throws to Thielen, not seeing wide open receivers, the typical 3rd quarter coma, stupid turnovers. He has to play better these next 4 games after the bye week if we have are to have any shot at making the playoffs. 

Great job on the pass rush today, no doubt. 

If the Vikings can beat the Lions at USB next year, they'll finally be at .500 against Detroit at their new home. Impressive. 

Quote: @"TBro" said:
We were fortunate that the defense was so dominant today and that the Lions were fortunate enough to trade away the "Vikings Killer" Golden Tate. I thought Cousins had one of his worst games as a Viking today. Trying to force throws to Thielen, not seeing wide open receivers, the typical 3rd quarter coma, stupid turnovers. He has to play better these next 4 games after the bye week if we have are to have any shot at making the playoffs. 
well this thread was about the record breaking day from the D bit since you jacked it, Cousins threw some amazong passes too
one of which should have been a TD

Quote: @"Maple Surple" said:
@"TBro" said:
well this thread was about the record breaking day from the D bit since you jacked it, Cousins threw some amazong passes too
Some people aren't happy unless they are miserable.

Interesting thing that Zimmer said after the game: mentioned he had to tweak the D because so many teams now use his defense that they are figuring out ways to combat it. So the last 5 weeks they've made changes and its been successful. Said that 10-12 teams use a form of his defense. 

Quote: @"Maple Surple" said:
@"TBro" said:
I'm sorry, I didn't realize we were counting moral victories in the evaluation of Captain Kirk's performance. He had the best OLine protection of any game this season. Great opening drive, but we failed to generate 1 point of offense in the second half. Since there was no pressure to perform with the defensive performance of the year, he didn't have to. The Head Coach called it out in his interview with Greg Coleman after the game that it's become an issue they need to fix. Zimmer knows that's not going to cut it after the bye. 

To get this back on topic, I thought the big key today was our ability to stuff the run and shutting down a very dangerous Kerryon Johnson. It completely derailed the Lions' gameplan and made them very one dimensional. The DLine rotation was the best I've seen all year. 

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:
Loved this.
[Image: dg9bn5hkllxi.jpg]
Everybody was kung fu fighting. Those cats were fast as lightning.