Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kudos to the defense
It was awesome to see them step up and play solid as a unit. That was an absolutely beautiful sight to see. 

[Image: th?id=OGC.14232f9bbc73fbf32466eb6f68ae51...BCJAYFVSuQ]
It took the DEFENSE to finally put their foot on the Lions throat and end it. 
 I thought Cousins and the offense was going to get it done (after waiting through the third quarter and into the 4th) but they screwed up and fumbled the ball on the pitch out to Cook.

Great job by the D.  10 sacks, gotta love it.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
[Image: th?id=OGC.14232f9bbc73fbf32466eb6f68ae51...BCJAYFVSuQ]
It took the DEFENSE to finally put their foot on the Lions throat and end it. 
 I thought Cousins and the offense was going to get it done (after waiting through the third quarter and into the 4th) but they screwed up and fumbled the ball on the pitch out to Cook.
We seem to have a problem with the number 17. We get stuck there alot I notice. Sometimes we never get off it. Today just took awhile. Great win.
Hunter was on fire. Defensive player of the week I would hope. Griff kicked in 1.5 as well. That was good to see. The defense set a franchise record for 10 sacks. Not at all a bad day at the office.

&igshid=1i1lqkdtwv0mi

I really wish the broadcast crew would have provided more info about the record they broke.  I looked it up and was like, "Oh, yeah, that game."  Here's the info
Oct 25th @ ChicagoRandle - 3 SacksDoleman - 2 SacksThomas - 1.5 SacksBarker - 1 SackJenkins - 1 SackDel Rio - 0.5 Sacks
Plus Audray McMillian had a pick 6.

The Defense is starting to come back into the form that we expected.

Since the Eagles win we are seeing a defense that is limiting the other teams to well under 4 yards per carry and QB's to under 250 yards.  

Stafford threw for 199 yards and the Lions run game had 66 yards and 2.8 per carry.

Last week, Bree's only threw for 120 yards and we limited their run game to 3.7 yards per carry which is very good vs Kamara

Today we had 17 hits on the QB with the 10 sacks.  We only gave up one hit on Cousins the sack by Ziggy.  So even the OL is starting to play better.  

Team is shaping up nicely.  Bears in Chicago and then a Bye.  Hopefully we continue the upward trend in play on both sides of the ball next week and then get all healthy after the bye and the stretch.

A victory next week puts us in a very good spot for the second half with us building momentum!!

Quote: @minny65 said:rf

Since the Eagles win we are seeing a defense that is limiting the other teams to well under 4 yards per carry and QB's to under 250 yards.  

Stafford threw for 199 yards and the Lions run game had 66 yards and 2.8 per carry.

Last week, Bree's only threw for 120 yards and we limited their run game to 3.7 yards per carry which is very good vs Kamara

Today we had 17 hits on the QB with the 10 sacks.  We only gave up one hit on Cousins the sack by Ziggy.  So even the OL is starting to play better.  

Team is shaping up nicely.  Bears in Chicago and then a Bye.  Hopefully we continue the upward trend in play on both sides of the ball next week and then get all healthy after the bye and the stretch.

A victory next week puts us in a very good spot for the second half with us building momentum!!
Bye is actually before the Bears game.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@minny65 said:rf

Bye is actually before the Bears game.
Yea I just noticed that.  Maybe the Lions can beat the Bears in Chicago next week before we go there?