Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gutsy 4th and 8
Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
That was actually nice to see. I was kind of pissed they didn't go for it instead of the missed kick earlier in the game. Situations like that are going to happen and it's important to prepare and test for them. It was kind of encouraging for the offense as well as the defense. 

I was thinking the same thing. I thought that first-half FG try into the wind had a less than 50% chance.  Assuming they even thought about not kicking it, it was either a dumb decision.  If they did not even consider it, that is even dumber.  The fourth down try was ballsy.  I would rather fail being ballsy than sitting on a lead and hoping for time to expire.

I asked my fellow Viking brethren "who's #17 this year"? 4th and 8? I guess it would be like a punt if intercepted.

Aldrick Robinson has already outperformed Treadwell: why not see what more he can do?

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Aldrick Robinson has already outperformed Treadwell: why not see what more he can do?
how so?  4 catches?  Treadwell has played well since hitting bottom in the GB game.

Robinson has 3 TDs on those 4 catches, so he is averaging better than Diggs and Thielen as well. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I don't think he's outperforming Treadwell, but Robinson has the same number of TDs as Diggs (3) with way few catches (4).   That's one solid late addition to the team (Jarius who?)

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I don't think he's outperforming Treadwell, but Robinson has the same number of TDs as Diggs (3) with way few catches (4).   That's one solid late addition to the team (Jarius who?)
I think he is exactly who we signed him to be. (and who Coley wasn't).  He is a deep threat to take advantage of the attention showed to Diggs, Thielen and Treadwell.