Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gutsy 4th and 8
Was anyone else a little surprised by that call?  Yeah, the D was playing well, and it was an unpredictable swirling wind for our kicker, but wow, I really didn't think we'd snap the ball.  I was thinking they'd take the 5 yard delay penalty, then kick it.

Pretty gutsy call; great throw and catch, but a fairly lucky play to have the ball land in Robinson's hands (right through the DBs arms).

Tip my Viking cap to Flip and Zim for that gut punch.  That sweet play really opened my eyes!   =)

Better to be lucky than good... Wink

It was surprising to me, but pleasantly so. That's how you put the nail in the coffin. The D had handled their offense for the vast majority of the afternoon. The wind was a huge pain in the ass for both teams. 

That was actually nice to see. I was kind of pissed they didn't go for it instead of the missed kick earlier in the game. Situations like that are going to happen and it's important to prepare and test for them. It was kind of encouraging for the offense as well as the defense. 

Great throw and catch. Claiborne actually got an arm on the ball and slightly redirected it. Robinson's ability to still make the catch was incredible. 

Incredible catch by Robinson.  Created a little separation and was able to handle the ball that glanced off the DBs arm.  And yes, a gutsy call.  There was one other shot they took, I think on a 3rd down, that I liked to see.  I think it was Robinson again, but it wasn't settling for a 1st down, it was going deep.  I think they had confidence in the D yesterday.

Quote: @"TBro" said:
Great throw and catch. Claiborne actually got an arm on the ball and slightly redirected it. Robinson's ability to still make the catch was incredible. 
Yup  -- right up there with the catch and throw to Thielen, I think for the Packer game? Or was it the Eagles...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"TBro" said:
Yup  -- right up there with the catch and throw to Thielen, I think for the Packer game? Or was it the Eagles...

Packers. How that got through both defenders was unbelievable. 

I used to be envious of other teams having great throws/catches to marvel at, be delighted by. So nice to have a great passing game again. Makes me a more interested fan. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
I used to be envious of other teams having great throws/catches to marvel at, be delighted by. So nice to have a great passing game again. Makes me a more interested fan. 
This is a passing team with Cousins and that subpar offensive line. Passing and defense will take this team wherever it is the end up going.