Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If they don't fix the OL.....
This defense has issues. The DB's look far from pro bowlers, the LBer's besides Kendricks are below average, and the middle of the line gets gut punched regularly. Zimmer seems to think because he's a hardass with D in his DNA that it's going to happen for him, but it seems that he has done nothing to evolve his defense, and his players have either gotten too comfortable being "his guys", or or Zim has gotten too comfy being looked at as a genius. Meanwhile Flip hasn't done anything special in the play calling either. Add to this the obvious o-line issues. (Today Reiff and Remmers played pretty much as I expected them to play last year). And these are the results. Although this is as bad as I've ever seen Cousins throw the ball.

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
This defense has issues. The DB's look far from pro bowlers, the LBer's besides Kendricks are below average, and the middle of the line gets gut punched regularly. Zimmer seems to think because he's a hardass with D in his DNA that it's going to happen for him, but it seems that he has done nothing to evolve his defense, and his players have either gotten too comfortable being "his guys", or or Zim has gotten too comfy being looked at as a genius. Meanwhile Flip hasn't done anything special in the play calling either. Add to this the obvious o-line issues. (Today Reiff and Remmers played pretty much as I expected them to play last year). And these are the results. Although this is as bad as I've ever seen Cousins throw the ball.
He is getting outcoached on a regular basis. You are correct that his defense seems predictable and they are being exploited. Richardson has definitely helped this year, but the quick passing attacks and misdirection plays are gaining huge chunk plays as we seem completely unprepared to stop them. Barr has been awful this year which Leber made a big point of in his post game comments. If we let him walk, we can get a decent compensatory pick correct? I would invest that money in Richardson who is far more important to this defense. Barr couldn't chase down Allen on the first TD, and his penalties led to additional points by the Bills. Overrated. 

Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
He is getting outcoached on a regular basis. You are correct that his defense seems predictable and they are being exploited. Richardson has definitely helped this year, but the quick passing attacks and misdirection plays are gaining huge chunk plays as we seem completely unprepared to stop them. Barr has been awful this year which Leber made a big point of in his post game comments. If we let him walk, we can get a decent compensatory pick correct? I would invest that money in Richardson who is far more important to this defense. Barr couldn't chase down Allen on the first TD, and his penalties led to additional points by the Bills. Overrated. 
I really hope they let Barr walk, I have never been able to see why anyone would think he's worth a big contract.  Definitely one of the weakest links in the defense.