Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If they don't fix the OL.....
This is going to be a real long season if they don't fix the fuckin OL.  Ridiculous how porous they are and don't even get me started on how pathetic the run blocking is.  They completely suck.

It was my biggest concern and rightly so. It was such a shit show. 

1-1-1. Unreal.

...it'll be hard to determine whether they or special teams cost us more wins.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
It was my biggest concern and rightly so. It was such a shit show. 

1-1-1. Unreal.
3 teams are 1-1-1 and could possibly be 6 teams by the end of monday

I love Zimmer but the o line has been a glaring weakness the entire time that he’s been here.  That’s unacceptable.

The whole team...players and coaches....rolled over today.  They read their press clippings and said let's look at Thursday.  How you can't prepare for each team, regardless of record...week after week...and call yourself a professional?  Disgusting.

That defense should have been licking its lips this past week in anticipation. Regardless of the fumbles the O gave the Bills, they gave a rookie QB too many second chances, stupid penalties and ole' tackles. Professionals????

Boy I thought they'd rattle that rookie qb - at least a little. 

OL is what it is...There is no "help coming" 

Players they have, have to play better. Be a long season if they don't

Hopefully they can pick one of the next 2 road-games up as a win. 

what is a bit frightful is there is enough tape out there now on formations and plays the Vikings defense cant, or doesnt adjust to well. Wheel routes etc are killing this defense. 

O line is a problem for a lot of teams.

The biggest disappointment for me this year had been the inconsistent play by the defense. They should have torn Rodgers a new asshole last week with how immobile he was, and should have made this rookie very uncomfortable. 

I don’t know if Zimmer just doesn’t want to dial up the pressure or the players have gotten lazy. Seems like they are out of place a lot though. Uncovered WR’s running down the field. 

Who is actually calling the defense on game day? Is it Zimmer or Edwards? Last season Zimmer said he was turning more over to Edwards. 

Also, Penalties have been a big problem for a while. 

Ok, I vented.

Only good thing is the Packers lost and the Bears are losing.

I will say this, a lot of good teams from last season dont look very good this year yet. There is still time to get some things corrected. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
This is going to be a real long season if they don't fix the fuckin OL.  Ridiculous how porous they are and don't even get me started on how pathetic the run blocking is.  They completely suck.
Clearly, this year's Oline can't run block effectively. We are becoming very one dimensional and that should concern all Vikings fans. Today's debacle didn't allow for us to establish the run as we were shell shocked with turnovers and points so early in the 1st quarter. However, don't be fooled and chalk up today's embarrassment as a "trap" game, or just an uncharacteristic performance. This line is all finesse and until they master a zone blocking scheme, we will struggle to run the ball effectively if at all. I have confidence that we will fix the Pass Protection issues we saw today. The other elephant in the room is a defense that has not performed well since Griffin injured his foot on the Rugby Pitch in Twickenham. Even Zimmer said it on his post game interview with Greg Coleman. Besides the obvious penalties, the defense is blowing assignments, releasing offensive players during a route, and routinely out of position all year and he is not sure how to fix it. That is a huge admission from the Head Coach that we are really struggling with schemes and we don't seem very quick to make adjustments. Good Offensive Coaches are exploiting our weaknesses consistently every week.