Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rogers rule has really screwed up football for me.
Quote: @StickyBun said:
It hasn't been bad...yet. Stafford took a full weight hit in the game I thought would be a penalty. It wasn't. At some point, you have to protect the QBs as the defensive players keep getting bigger and faster. 
At some point the QBs need to protect themselves (speed up that internal clock and not hold the ball all day ),  or maybe there isn't room in a man's game for diminutive QBs.  

They cant be hit shoulders or higher,  they can't be hit thighs or lower,  you can't land on them,  you cant throw them to the ground to avoid landing on them,  you cant pick them up amd toss them down.

Honestly they just need to quit fucking around a put pussy pink flags on them and let them wear their red practice jerseys.  Or better yet give them a goalie crease where they can't be touched .... a special little safe space where they can just sit back and pretend that they are still football players while the real players kill themselves around them.

Fuck Rogers and fuck Goodell fucking cock sucking mother fuckers.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
It hasn't been bad...yet. Stafford took a full weight hit in the game I thought would be a penalty. It wasn't. At some point, you have to protect the QBs as the defensive players keep getting bigger and faster. 

LOL, awesome. Tell us how you really feel, Jimmy!  :p

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

LOL, awesome. Tell us how you really feel, Jimmy!  :p
I asked myself...WWBD

Of course Burnsie would drop a fbomb laced rant. Wink

I have always advocated for safety in the game but this is just getting ridiculous. You can't land on the QB? They are still fully grown men playing right? 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I am still waiting to hear how a defender is supposed to tackle the quarterback without his full weight landing on him. How do you let up or slow down in midair? The babying of the quarterbacks and taking away the defense sucks.
The crazy thing is, when they go to "not land" on them.  D linemen are going to take weird angles and take out knees or get bounced off of other players taking weird angles and are likely to actually do more bad then good. 

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
So I'm watching Rams / Raiders.
Carr hesitates, holds the ball too long and goes down.

Now.....here's where the story should end.....NOPE.
Flag for roughing the passer...nothing "roughing" about it....Carr had nowhere to go with the ball...hesitated.

Bears Trubisky benefitted as well yesterday.

Announcers stated there were more "roughing" calls yesterday than in like 20 years.

And I didn't think I could hate that pussy wimp Rogers any more....Thanks for fucking up the game twerp.
The hit on Trubisky was late and a forearm to the back of the head.  It was blatant and bad.  Saw Matthews standing on the sideline for the rest of that drive after he extended it with that stupid play. 

And as to tackling the QB, defenders just have to realize they can't drive them into the ground.  Richardson picked JimmyG up and then came off the ground landing with his full weight on the QB.  I was a wrestler, I know how to maximize the impact when landing on a guy.  These guys know it as well and just can't do that anymore.  I have no problem with that rule as long as it is enforced for everyone fairly.  The first time someone does that to cousins, most here will agree that it was a cheap shot.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Vanguard83 said:
So I'm watching Rams / Raiders.
Carr hesitates, holds the ball too long and goes down.

Now.....here's where the story should end.....NOPE.
Flag for roughing the passer...nothing "roughing" about it....Carr had nowhere to go with the ball...hesitated.

Bears Trubisky benefitted as well yesterday.

Announcers stated there were more "roughing" calls yesterday than in like 20 years.

And I didn't think I could hate that pussy wimp Rogers any more....Thanks for fucking up the game twerp.
The hit on Trubisky was late and a forearm to the back of the head.  It was blatant and bad.  Saw Matthews standing on the sideline for the rest of that drive after he extended it with that stupid play. 

And as to tackling the QB, defenders just have to realize they can't drive them into the ground.  Richardson picked JimmyG up and then came off the ground landing with his full weight on the QB.  I was a wrestler, I know how to maximize the impact when landing on a guy.  These guys know it as well and just can't do that anymore.  I have no problem with that rule as long as it is enforced for everyone fairly.  The first time someone does that to cousins, most here will agree that it was a cheap shot.
This.  Richardson's tackle has been a penalty for years.  Not even just with the qb, tackling anyone like that (lift and slam) results in a flag.

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
@Vikergirl said:
I am still waiting to hear how a defender is supposed to tackle the quarterback without his full weight landing on him. How do you let up or slow down in midair? The babying of the quarterbacks and taking away the defense sucks.
I wasnt aboe to watch the Vikings game on Sunday, so I recorded it and watched this afternoon. 

The penalty against Richardson was BS. I watched it several times and even though his weight did land on the QB, it looks like he put a hand out to stop the full force.

He came off the field and looked like he knew he committed the foul, but I sure don’t think it was an attempt to hurt anyone. 
exactly.  they already had a rule for unnecessary roughness and then further defined it with hits to the head and driving into the ground.  this new rule is not real football. maybe they should make the qb’s wear flags and red jerseys

and another thing.  the offense is certainly free to bring in 8 or 9 olineman to protect the QB.  its total BS