Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rogers rule has really screwed up football for me.
So I'm watching Rams / Raiders.
Carr hesitates, holds the ball too long and goes down.

Now.....here's where the story should end.....NOPE.
Flag for roughing the passer...nothing "roughing" about it....Carr had nowhere to go with the ball...hesitated.

Bears Trubisky benefitted as well yesterday.

Announcers stated there were more "roughing" calls yesterday than in like 20 years.

And I didn't think I could hate that pussy wimp Rogers any more....Thanks for fucking up the game twerp.

I guarantee you the true reasoning behind this is that elite quarterbacks that people tune into watch are getting hurt, which hurts ratings. So they need to protect their valuable players. It's not about player safety, it's about money. For them.

I agree with everything you said.  It is the worst rule yet taht they have introduced and if they come up with another one this bad i think i could be talked into forgetting the NFL.

To be fair, Donald hit him way low, that would have neen a flag 5 years ago.

I am still waiting to hear how a defender is supposed to tackle the quarterback without his full weight landing on him. How do you let up or slow down in midair? The babying of the quarterbacks and taking away the defense sucks.

Two Rams got there at the same time, one high one low.
Every year they "change for change sake" the rules, tired of it.
quit F'KING up the game. 

The rule (aside from the Rogers rule) I hate is extra points.
when the ball was placed on the three.....you could kick, fake it, go for two...kept the defense honest....NOW.......You either line up for two....OR.......line up for one.

its stupid. It's like showing your hand to an opponent in cards...dumb.

Shit I miss the '70s and '80s football

It's drummed into players of all ages "hit the quarterback"

what at the hell do we coach the kids now?

"Let him sit in the pocket and pick you apart"

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
It's drummed into players of all ages "hit the quarterback"

what at the hell do we coach the kids now?

"Let him sit in the pocket and pick you apart"           

YES!! That is what the NFL wants on TV every game. Doesn't matter what the game is about..

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I am still waiting to hear how a defender is supposed to tackle the quarterback without his full weight landing on him. How do you let up or slow down in midair? The babying of the quarterbacks and taking away the defense sucks.
I wasnt aboe to watch the Vikings game on Sunday, so I recorded it and watched this afternoon. 

The penalty against Richardson was BS. I watched it several times and even though his weight did land on the QB, it looks like he put a hand out to stop the full force.

He came off the field and looked like he knew he committed the foul, but I sure don’t think it was an attempt to hurt anyone. 

It hasn't been bad...yet. Stafford took a full weight hit in the game I thought would be a penalty. It wasn't. At some point, you have to protect the QBs as the defensive players keep getting bigger and faster.