Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the guy that will be the biggest difference maker for the Vikings
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
Cook will be the bellcow, but I expect a 70-20-10 split between Cook, Murray and Boone, with Murray getting most of the goal line carries.  
IMO 70 is too much for Cook,  he should end up with around 50-60% IMO with most of those in the first 2/3 of the game.  If he is still in there in the 4th quarter it better be a damn close game.  We will need fresh RBs late in the season and if they lean on DC so much early like they did last year I doubt he has much left at the end of the year.
Well, yes, a big lead will change everything...but that's generally how I see it breaking down against Anyteam. I just want a win, but God I'd love to see a blow out. 
I dont want him in there if its anything over 8 points.  I dont need a big lead to start to conserve my starters.  If Zim didnt learn from last years let up down the stretch then he may never learn.   We cant use the shit out of our starters just to make the playoffs.  They need to be fresh and healthy to have a legit chance at finally acheiving the ultimate goal.

Griff is a perfect example,  the only reason he was in the game against the browns when he got hurt was he didnt have a sack yet that game,  he had 3 quarters to get the job done, no reason at all that BRob and another reserver werent taking those snaps later in that game.

Same goes for LJ,  he could have been given plenty of plays off in games earlier in the year,  later on he didnt have the push he had early in the year.

Cook is no different,  coming back from injury I think 50 to 60% of the snaps should be the goal and only go deeper if the  game is on the line in the 4th quarter.  Murray is every bit as capable of running out the clock when we need to let the air out of the game.

also,  we know that we will need some of these younger guys to step up in the playoffs... injuries happen,  we cant wait until the lights are at their brightest to get them the necessary experience to be a contributor instead of something we have to scheme to cover up.

Mike Hughes will be a one man team.  4 passes defensed, 2 Ints and a pick 6. He will also lead the team in tackles all as a Nickle.
He will make everyone say “Hernandez who?”