Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the guy that will be the biggest difference maker for the Vikings
[Image: Cook_Dalvin_min_180813.jpg]

The coaches can tell me all this blah blah crap about giving carries to Murray, etc. Once this guy gets his game legs, he's a force of nature. He's a modern NFL style back that is great in pass protection and thickly built. Fast and elusive. Good hands.

I would also say Sheldon Richardson.  With Joseph and him pushing that pocket straight up into their faces...it will greatly affect any team's running and passing game.

Kirk has a great weapon in his back field. However the new signal caller is the biggest difference maker this year. Cook is the icing.

the niners are stout up front against the run IIRC,  IMO its going to be the passing game this week that carries the day,  but our RBs better be ready to pick up the blitz because IMO san fran will have to bring it often to take away our advantage over their pass coverage by our quick and shifty WRs.

i think the biggest difference is going to be declined ppay by the OL. hopefully the additions out weight the subtractions. 

Cook will be the bellcow, but I expect a 70-20-10 split between Cook, Murray and Boone, with Murray getting most of the goal line carries.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Cook will be the bellcow, but I expect a 70-20-10 split between Cook, Murray and Boone, with Murray getting most of the goal line carries.  
IMO 70 is too much for Cook,  he should end up with around 50-60% IMO with most of those in the first 2/3 of the game.  If he is still in there in the 4th quarter it better be a damn close game.  We will need fresh RBs late in the season and if they lean on DC so much early like they did last year I doubt he has much left at the end of the year.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
IMO 70 is too much for Cook,  he should end up with around 50-60% IMO with most of those in the first 2/3 of the game.  If he is still in there in the 4th quarter it better be a damn close game.  We will need fresh RBs late in the season and if they lean on DC so much early like they did last year I doubt he has much left at the end of the year.
Well, yes, a big lead will change everything...but that's generally how I see it breaking down against Anyteam. I just want a win, but God I'd love to see a blow out. 

Week 1's can get freaky....I'll settle for a win with no injuries. Setting-up EPIC game 2. 

Go Khalil Mack, Bear down Chicago Bears...

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
Well, yes, a big lead will change everything...but that's generally how I see it breaking down against Anyteam. I just want a win, but God I'd love to see a blow out. 
Big leads have not been the norm with Zimmer teams. Comfortable leads that sometimes evaporate when the gas is let have been just as normal. I'm hoping we have a more attacking offense. I hope with full trust in Kirk as opposed to little in Case they do light up teams and don't let up after the half. I don't think you start clock killing till the final 10 minutes. The you try to run 7 minute drives to end it. That would no doubt be Murray time.