Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What positions should Vikings scour waivers for?
Quote: @"RS Express" said:
LB.  After Kendricks and Barr, Gedeon is starting by default and we have crapola behind him.  

I would have said OL, but the Jones trade was a nice move. There's a limit to how many fires you can put out, and no team can foresee the OL coach dropping dead, the LG going on IR, the C's return delayed again, and every other starter getting dinged up. The Vikes have pretty much made their (hospital) bed with the OL, now we just have to hope they can get out of it and onto the damn field.  
Wilson has been showing up well and is depth at LB.  And Downs is a rookie that has real potential.  The cupboard isn't bare.

It really wouldn't hurt to see what there is at TE. Not entirely sold on Conklin.
Anything happens to Rudy or Morgan we wouldn't be in great shape.

Quote: @"Norse" said:
It really wouldn't hurt to see what there is at TE. Not entirely sold on Conklin.
Don't forget about Blake Bell who we picked up last year.  I have seen us use a lot of 2 TE sets this preseason to help out the line.
Conklin might be PS?

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"Norse" said:
Don't forget about Blake Bell who we picked up last year.  I have seen us use a lot of 2 TE sets this preseason to help out the line.
Conklin might be PS?
I would agree with TE as well. We forget Bell because he's forgettable. Conklin has been nothing special either. I think Filippo would like to use multiple TEs and at least one who can flex around, but we don't have the personnel. Our starting TE is reliable but not fast, and his backup is a slow blocking TE. Vikings have been picking day 3 suspects at TE for a while, it's time to use a higher draft pick to upgrade. So if anyone with some juice gets waived, why wouldn't we pick them up?

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"Norse" said:
Conklin might be PS?
I would agree with TE as well. We forget Bell because he's forgettable. Conklin has been nothing special either. I think Filippo would like to use multiple TEs and at least one who can flex around, but we don't have the personnel. Our starting TE is reliable but not fast, and his backup is a slow blocking TE. Vikings have been picking day 3 suspects at TE for a while, it's time to use a higher draft pick to upgrade. So if anyone with some juice gets waived, why wouldn't we pick them up?
Yea I would not rule it out either but I do think we are pretty happy with Bell.  He is a good blocker along with Morgan.  Rudy is a serviceable blocker.  How many TE's do we usually keep?

I would say LB if any late cuts.  But I am not sure we will pick up anyone.  

My prediction is that they will pick up:- a veteran OL that was cut due to age and salary considerations- a developmental OL to eventually be put on the PS- a young TE like Bell last year, but better than Bell (if that is possible to find on waivers)- a veteran LB, just like the OL, and maybe a development LB too