Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What positions should Vikings scour waivers for?
I think these:
  • OL depth - obvious, get that out of the way
  • WR - I know many are excited about Beebe, and Treadwell "came alive"...but who, aside from Diggs, is a deep threat on this team? I think the disappearance of Kendall Wright leaves a need.
  • RB - Boone vs Thomas might not matter if a better RB gets released.
What else?

LB 

BPA
I think at this point in the preseason, unless there is really something they see is far better than what you have (and it is not a need like offensive linemen), you don't switch players.  The players on the squad now have learned our system and can play a roll.
I might look at the top five Best Players Available but beyond that I would play with what we have.  This team is not full of bums.

Kicker

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
                                                                                                                                                      Kicker
Should have been wide left...

I sincerely doubt they'll get anyone....certainly not on defense. 

Since they traded for Jones I don't think they'll take on anymore Olinemen. Maybe some depth at LB. However they've also said they plan to hybrid IIoka. So I'll still go LB unless there is a good OT that gets cut and wants really badly to play here. That seems unlikely. That they get cut I mean. Everyone lately wants to play here.
 B)  =)

Kicker?  Not sure this new kid, Carlson, will survive the regular season opener, if he keeps missing. 

Kinda more worried about who we release

LB.  After Kendricks and Barr, Gedeon is starting by default and we have crapola behind him.  

I would have said OL, but the Jones trade was a nice move. There's a limit to how many fires you can put out, and no team can foresee the OL coach dropping dead, the LG going on IR, the C's return delayed again, and every other starter getting dinged up. The Vikes have pretty much made their (hospital) bed with the OL, now we just have to hope they can get out of it and onto the damn field.