Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad Beebe making a push in Vikings’ receiver race
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I don't see it happening. The guy that has a real shot to make the roster is Zylstra. 
thus far I am unimpressed with Zylstra in the preseason... He just doesnt show up on tape.
That's a joke, right? 
Kinda.... can't make the club  from the tub.

Beebe is 5'9", 170 lbs. lol, god bless him. Maybe I underestimated him.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Beebe is 5'9", 170 lbs. lol, god bless him. Maybe I underestimated him.
He’s listed at 5’10” 183 lbs, you are underestimating him...  Wink B)

2. Beebe’s versatility stands out
Chad Beebe was everywhere you looked on Tuesday.
The undrafted free agent wide receiver showed off his versatility on offense and special teams, downing a pair of punts inside the 10-yard line during a punting drill.
Beebe was later a favorite target of Trevor Siemian in a 7-on-7 drill as the quarterback hit him for a pair of passes during the session. Siemian connected with Beebe on two passes in a simulated situation at the end of practice (see below).
Beebe has four catches for 36 yards and a touchdown in two preseason games.

I don't know that his frame would take a full time beating,  but he is built right for being a small guy and playing this game.  If he can show the ability to avoid taking those big shots that some guys can do there is no reason why he could make the team and contribute each week.

Chad Beebe trying to make name for himself as one of 'most improved' VikingsChad Beebe arrived in Eagan without a contract. He's been turning heads during his first NFL training camp with fans asking about No. 84, “Is that Randy Moss light?”

Chad Beebe arrived in Eagan without a contract. He exited his first NFL training camp with fanatic campers asking about No. 84, “Is that Randy Mosslight?”
Beebe, the undrafted Northern Illinois product who signed after a tryout in May, is also turning the head of offensive coordinator John DeFilippo as the Vikings look to fill out the bottom of their receiver depth chart for the 53-man roster.
“I wouldn’t say he’s surprised me,” DeFilippo said, “because the traits were always there — the quickness, the short-area quickness. The thing he’s gotten a lot better at is understanding leverage on defenders.”
It hasn’t been uncommon to see Beebe open against the Vikings reserve defenders in practices. He’s among the shortest players on the roster, listed at what might be a generous 5 feet and 10 inches. That still hasn’t halted him from standing out amid competition for receiver spots No. 4, No. 5 and possibly No. 6 on the initial regular season roster.
http://www.startribune.com/chad-beebe-tr...491375541/