Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad Beebe making a push in Vikings’ receiver race
When the Minnesota Vikings opened training camp, Chad Beebe was somewhere between 10th to 12th on the wide receiver depth chart. But on Saturday afternoon when the Vikings faced off with the Jacksonville Jaguars, he came off the bench in the second quarter with the second team.
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/0...iver-race/

The Vikings’ next preseason game against the Seattle Seahawks could be a deciding factor in the receiver race. With Cayleb Jones suspended for the first four games, Stacy Coley and Brandon Zylstra injured, King and Wright lacking special teams experience and failing to stand out in preseason, Beebe is in the driver’s seat to win a spot over players like Korey Robertson, Jake Wieneke and Jeff Badet.
“Just trying to hone in on everything I’ve been taught because the NFL game is a step up,” Beebe said. “So there’s a lot of little things to learn and I have a lot to learn still.”

I like Beebe to make the team unless Zylstra gets healthy soon.  Beebs looks like he could take PR reps if we end up using Hughes as the nickel back.  I think he could also fill a reciever role along the lines of what we got from Wright the last few years.  He looks like a tough little SOB and there's room and roles for 1 or 2 of those on every roster.

He's a quick little son of a bitch. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
He's a quick little son of a bitch. 
Dont know where it came from either...Even the name sounds "fast"  Chad Beebe

Speed kills.  It would be nice to find a spot for him and see what he could develop into.

I don't see it happening. The guy that has a real shot to make the roster is Zylstra. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I don't see it happening. The guy that has a real shot to make the roster is Zylstra. 
thus far I am unimpressed with Zylstra in the preseason... He just doesnt show up on tape.

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Krammer/statu...3874160640

Andrew Krammer‏ @Andrew_Krammer

39m
Interesting to hear OC John DeFilippo say he’d put rookie WR Chad Beebe right up there with “most improved” this summer. “He’s an exciting player to watch.” #Vikings still looking to fill out bottom of WR depth chart.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
thus far I am unimpressed with Zylstra in the preseason... He just doesnt show up on tape.
That's a joke, right?