Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: I love it when Mother Nature wins a round.
Quote: @"Akvike" said:
Given this misguided logic we'd have to excuse ever thief for stealing until we've dissected their needs based on economic  situations.
Sadly, that's already been done.  Relativism is alive and well...

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"Akvike" said:
Given this misguided logic we'd have to excuse ever thief for stealing until we've dissected their needs based on economic  situations.
It not quite apples to apples. These guys aren't snatching purses to support a crack habit. These are rare and quickly disappearing creatures. This to me is more in line with fine art theft then smash and grab. There are people already lined up to buy these things on a black market.  Much like stolden art. The people buying and then the people using these products should be punished. That will put and end to this practice. Saying relativism is just another way of simplifying a problem with propaganda and not really a solution is it.

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"Akvike" said:
It not quite apples to apples. These guys aren't snatching purses to support a crack habit. These are rare and quickly disappearing creatures. This to me is more in line with fine art theft then smash and grab. There are people already lined up to buy these things on a black market.  Much like stolden art. The people buying and then the people using these products should be punished. That will put and end to this practice. Saying relativism is just another way of simplifying a problem with propaganda and not really a solution is it.

Im in favor of cutting off the buyers horns!!

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
I hope we aren't applying our standards to those who may be starving!
Poaching has absolutely nothing to do with feeding a family...it's about tusks or horns that sell for exorbitant amounts on the black market...

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
havnt read the article. did they kill the lions afterwards?
No, they were actually just doing their jobs.

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"Akvike" said:

There are plenty of examples of situations where a theft (or worse) has taken place... but it was justified (by people who have more "love" in their heart than- I guess- I do).  The most obvious was all the looting that took place after Hurricane Katrina... although the stuff in Ferguson comes in at a distant second.  Plenty of people said that it was "OK" that the people took that stuff (TVs, DVD players, etc).  They weren't stealing food.  But the point is that plenty of people have found ways to justify bad behavior.  Shoot, just look at Maxine Waters... and all those people who are now saying that violence is OK, when it is perpetrated against people whose opinions make them worthy of suffering.

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Quote: @"Kentis" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
good. i hate it when the animal sufferes because of a stupid human.