Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think the Bears got it right with QB Mitchell Trubisky
Depends on hom many coaches he has to go through.

He performed better than his numbers indicate...He's got some legit weapons now and a coach to take advantage...Good D...the Bears could surprise...

I laughed at the Bears for giving up so much to move up 1 spot for him.  Trubisky himself though impressed me with his poise... he was a rookie with probably the worst WR crew in the NFL yet he never looked panicked. A healthy Allen Robinson will be a revelation to Trubisky compared to the scrubs from '17.

Honestly though, how much was he challenged last year?   I doubt that teams had to really do much scheming and didn't show him to much to wrap up a win.  As he and his team improve I am sure defenses will step it up and that's when we will see how good he really is.

There just isn't enough of a sample to say one was or the other. Last year he was put into a tough situation. Conservative coach, limited downfield weapons, injured O-line. But he did seem more apt to consciously avoid turnovers than to take calculated risks. That is going to change a lot with Nagy as their HC. On paper the match between coach/player looks good. Nagy was the one who really got Alex Smith out of his comfort zone and moving the ball vertically. Add in the new weapons Chicago added and there is definitely some potential there. But it may take a little time to get everyone on the same page and into the new system. 

The jury in my mind isn't out on whether Trubisky can be a good NFL QB, its if he can improve the players around him enough to make the offense as a whole dangerous.