Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think the Bears got it right with QB Mitchell Trubisky
I like this kid: 6'2", 222 lbs. Adequate height but he's stout (NFL body) and athletic. Good mobility. Looks to throw when scrambling. Competitive. Good leader already. Nice arm. His temperament is really solid for the position. I was impressed with his progress as the year went on. 

I think they got their guy for the next 10+ years. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I like this kid: 6'2", 222 lbs. Adequate height but he's stout (NFL body) and athletic. Good mobility. Looks to throw when scrambling. Competitive. Good leader already. Nice arm. His temperament is really solid for the position. I was impressed with his progress as the year went on. 

its really hard to say much after only 1 season.  There have been plenty of guys that look decent year one,  but give their opponents a year of film and they come back to earth year 2... its really year 3 and beyond that speak more to how successful a player will be IMO.

I don't know that I'd go that far.  I think the jury is still majorly out on this kid.  I mean he started 12 games and only had 7 TD passes.  Seven.  No multi-passing TD games.  He only threw for over 150 yards in roughly half his starts.
Sure, you can point to the fact that the Bears had the worst receiving group in the league, but that's brutal.  It's certainly not the type of production you would like to see out of your highly drafted rookie QB.
Maybe Nagy can do for Trubisky what McVay did for Goff in his 2nd season...  but the guy has a lot to prove and so does Goff.  Remember when there were quite a few fans and media members drooling over Blake Bortles after his second year?

I hope they didn't. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

its really hard to say much after only 1 season.  There have been plenty of guys that look decent year one,  but give their opponents a year of film and they come back to earth year 2... its really year 3 and beyond that speak more to how successful a player will be IMO.
I hope he's the next Josh Freeman. He's probably much smarter then Josh, sadly for us. However he could be a nice average QB. I'm hoping that's his ceiling.

Rodgers just got a wee bit jealous...

Did Rodgers poster just come down off another wall?   =)

To be fair I think Da Bears got it right too... I think he’ll be a decent QB for them,,, while not playing against a Zim led D.  

He does look the part and he's a smart guy but let's see how he does when teams have more film on him and figure out his tendencies. 

Early returns  on him are good but he was somewhat protected in that O last year

He did not play much in college, either. I think his ceiling is very high.