Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember when Viking fans turned on Teddy...
Quote: @StickyBun said:
I was more a Loni Anderson - Lynda Carter - Victoria Principal guy. I like them voluptuous. 

If you want to see somebody that was SO my type and so curvy and gorgeous back in the day before my time: Barbara Eden. OMG. Even before I Dream of Jeannie. 
I like earthy girls nature beauty over anything. I did dream of jeannie as a boy Sticky...I meant you,  stickybun not me sticky...oops hehehe. How we got from Teddy to here with this thread is great. This boards got some versatility...lol. I likey!

Quote: @pumpf said:
@savannahskol said:
From the reddit thread: 

[–]Kianvis 30 points 1 day ago 
I call BS. There were many people on this sub eyeballing Teddy's Twitter for that exact message. It would have shown up here if it really happened.

[–]niftypotatoe 2 points 5 hours ago 
Why would he delete it? No way this happened. Teddy clearly didn't value his very still devoted fans enough to thank them. No use trying to backtrack now

**shrugs**

If Teddy didn't really send out that tweet, then I apologize for bringing this up.  
Sorry, missed this earlier. 

Absolutely no need to apologize, brother!  

If I'd have seen this JR ReidDraftScout post (from your OP) I'd a posted it, also. 
Maybe with a different 'take' you did... but I'd a posted as well.  Viking related... and a hot-button topic.  Why not post it? 

I'm on Twitter, but not that heavily.  Heavy Twitter users quickly pointed out the discrepancies I mentioned in my first post... but I wouldn't have caught them, either.  

Also, I'm not one you quoted.  I agree with MaroonBells... I don't think Teddy owes me squat.  Let alone, a "thank you".  

Personally, I liked Teddy.  How can you not?  I found the Ted-DEEEEEEEE!!!! (St Theodore the Pious) "love" a little over-the-top.... but hell, they were otp for a Viking.  There's worse sins, yes? 
There is one fan I didn't argue "Ted-DEEEEE!!!"  PurpleMember.  PM knew (& covered) Teddy in Louisville, and I was truly happy for PM to see his hometown hero become the QB of his fave pro team. 

BTW.... I did find the "legit" Teddy thank-you, to the fans.  >here<

lol

And that link above.... actually swerves us into the "main point".  
Teddy "classily" took out a full-page Thank You to the Louisville fans.  And he was (rightly) given credit for that classy move.  (first thing commented on, in the link)

That Teddy did have that history of  'thanking fans'... and subsequently DID NOT thank Viking fans... is a point that some Viking fans rightly (imo) contend was "less than classy".  
(Despite MY personal feelings). 

Anyway.... Teddy & JRReid have no doubt seen the reddit thread.  And Teddy could fix this, if they thought it was important. 

As to the point on 'dickishness' of the comments. 
The reddit thread was HEAVILY moderated.  You should have read the deleted comments.  I did, before they were deleted.  They made your quotes very tame, by comparison.  

Aand with that, as MinnyVike65 said.....movin' on.  Smile

Oh, another btw.  
Purple1one called out JRReid immediately & directly on his (JR's) twitter feed.  The only one.  He deserves credit, for that.  imo.  
And this "story" is now a few days old.... and the OP tweet still stands de-bunked.