Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings taking more chances on players with character concerns lately
Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@Kentis said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@Maple Surple said:
Sounds like someone had a deadline to meet & had to scramble.
It’s kind of a reach throwing Hughes & Cook on Americas Most Wanted list
Hughes was in a Frat fight & Cook was “acused” and found “not guilty”, does that not count for anything anymore ?
“...Cook has been too busy rehabbing from a torn ACL to cause any trouble...” is a pretty naive statement too. 
But Cook went from a 1st round pick to a 2nd round pick because of the friends that were around him, and there's most definitely more than a frat fight on Hughes for UT to suspend him for 6 games, and the NFL to not draft him.

We currently have a strong locker room with lots of Vets that allows us to take chances on big reward players like this.

I'm really excited by Holton Hill, I wonder if he can get some time at Safety.
Hughes went to NC, are you mixing him up w/ UDFA Holton Hill perhaps...?
What's the fascination of moving any corner we get to the safety position?  Depth at corner is a necessity right now.  Hill is big enough and fast enough to be another Rhodes...and long as he keeps his mind straight and works hard.
I think the whole reason that he was brought on board is that he has a mean punch at the LOS just like Rhodes.  It seems like one of those things you either have or you don't because otherwise every corner in the league would be as disruptive. 

I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
@Kentis said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@Maple Surple said:
Sounds like someone had a deadline to meet & had to scramble.
It’s kind of a reach throwing Hughes & Cook on Americas Most Wanted list
Hughes was in a Frat fight & Cook was “acused” and found “not guilty”, does that not count for anything anymore ?
“...Cook has been too busy rehabbing from a torn ACL to cause any trouble...” is a pretty naive statement too. 
But Cook went from a 1st round pick to a 2nd round pick because of the friends that were around him, and there's most definitely more than a frat fight on Hughes for UT to suspend him for 6 games, and the NFL to not draft him.

We currently have a strong locker room with lots of Vets that allows us to take chances on big reward players like this.

I'm really excited by Holton Hill, I wonder if he can get some time at Safety.
Hughes went to NC, are you mixing him up w/ UDFA Holton Hill perhaps...?
What's the fascination of moving any corner we get to the safety position?  Depth at corner is a necessity right now.  Hill is big enough and fast enough to be another Rhodes...and long as he keeps his mind straight and works hard.
Depth at Safety is probably worse.