Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rams are at it again ...
Quote: @dadevike said:
@Kentis said:
Now Belichick can trade his two first rounders for OBJ...  :o :o :o
A 23 and a 31? I don’t think so. They will need more ammo than that. And how about finding a Left Tackle to replace Solder?  It’s hard to throw passes from flat on your back. 
Could Pats now make a move for OBJ?
[Image: gettyimages-497322442-e1522810042809.jpg...245&crop=1]
Getty Images
With the Patriots trading receiver Brandin Cooks to the Rams, how will the Patriots replace him?
Here’s an intriguing possibility: The Pats could trade for Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/03/could-pats-now-make-a-move-for-obj/

Quote: @greediron said:
@dadevike said:
They traded their first round pick to NE for Cooks and a 4th. They are clearly taking their shot this coming season. Cooks will likely be a more productive deep threat next season than any rookie WR they would likely get in the draft. But how many years does he have left on his contract? Then what? But I give them credit for being aggressive and taking their shot to win it all next season. 
Seems bizarre IMO.  A 2nd year coach, 3rd year QB and they are acting like the window is closing.  I would take a different approach, make sure the coach and QB can replicate their success, give them tools for sure, but this seems like desperation.

Perhaps it is more financial than on the field.  The desire to attract viewers perhaps?  The need to seem like they are going all in to generate excitement in a ho-hum sports city.
Seems like their following the Eagles blueprint.

Quote: @dadevike said:
They traded their first round pick to NE for Cooks and a 4th. They are clearly taking their shot this coming season. Cooks will likely be a more productive deep threat next season than any rookie WR they would likely get in the draft. But how many years does he have left on his contract? Then what? But I give them credit for being aggressive and taking their shot to win it all next season. 
Its actually a 1st and a 6th for Cooks and a 4th.

Quote: @Kentis said:
@dadevike said:
@Kentis said:
Now Belichick can trade his two first rounders for OBJ...  :o :o :o
A 23 and a 31? I don’t think so. They will need more ammo than that. And how about finding a Left Tackle to replace Solder?  It’s hard to throw passes from flat on your back. 
Could Pats now make a move for OBJ?
[Image: gettyimages-497322442-e1522810042809.jpg...245&crop=1]
Getty Images
With the Patriots trading receiver Brandin Cooks to the Rams, how will the Patriots replace him?
Here’s an intriguing possibility: The Pats could trade for Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/03/could-pats-now-make-a-move-for-obj/

Te Patriots don’t believe in spending big money on wide receivers.  Zero chance they consider OBJ and his big salary demands.

I think it's a good move for both sides.  I think the Rams need to keep Goff with a full set of weapons.  I think they may have been set for a regression like Carr experienced if he needed to carry more of the load.

All of the "genius" moves that the Pats have been known for will look average going forward when Tom gets whacked, or hangs them up (either scenario more and more likely to happen in the not too distant future). Belichick is a good coach who is made to look a whole lot better with the GOAT. 

The Vikes, Eagles, Nawlins, Rams.  The NFC got even stronger.  It was the AFC a couple of years ago.  
Things have shifted.

Quote: @Poiple said:
The Vikes, Eagles, Nawlins, Rams.  The NFC got even stronger.  It was the AFC a couple of years ago.  
Things have shifted.
Rogers/Packers, Matty Ice/ATL, Superman/Panthers could all be contenders too. 

NFC is indeed stacked.