Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speculation Teddy failed his physical? Thoughts??
Quote: @holmanjp said:
@Poiple said:
@holmanjp said:
@Poiple said:
@holmanjp said:
@Poiple said:
@Bolstad79 said:
@Poiple said:
If I was McCown I would be nervous
Nervous about what? Cashing in right before retirement?
Nervous because he came there sure he was going to be the starter.  He wants to start and now he has a very determined Teddy right behind him.  
Seemd kind of obvious.
It's only temporary for both. The Jets moved up in the draft, to get their QB.
So you beleve that they will draft a QB and he will be the starter to begin the season?  Interesting.  That will be fun to watch.  We will see if you are right.
Where from what I wrote , does it say anything about the rookie starting this year????

It is simply a battle between 2 backups trying to win the starting position until the rook is ready.
If you are going to put it out there then perhaps if you actually say what you mean people wont have to guess. 

A year or more to wait is hardly temporary is it?   You characterization of the situation is purposefuly inaccurate.
What part of until the rook is ready confused you?

Yes I would call trying to be a starter of a single team for 1 year even 2 is temporary.

Unless you some how think McCown and Ted are both going to start 16 games this year for the Jets, one by default is temporarily trying
to be the starter for the Jets in 2018.
I had an ex wife that used to like playing this game.  Step into a conversation and make some vague contrarian statement and then make bitchy little comments while you attempted to figure out exactly she was saying.  
I dont miss her much.  Im not going to miss you either. Its what the mute button is for.
 Bye bye

I don't think its a stretch by any means to say that Teddy won't be in New York for the 2019 season.....its what most of the media is saying, also. He and his agent had to have known that the Jets were going to draft a QB high. It was an odd team selection, IMO.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I don't think its a stretch by any means to say that Teddy won't be in New York for the 2019 season.....its what most of the media is saying, also. He and his agent had to have known that the Jets were going to draft a QB high. It was an odd team selection, IMO.
This...Teddy' s market had to be Charmin soft...1 year deal to a team with a nominal starter AND a high pick coming in at the position...

It's pretty clear that Teddy signed for a chance to get playing time so that next offseason he has some recent experience to parlay into a better contract.   And with up to $15M in incentives he can do quite well for this year.  

Kevin Seifert‏Verified account @SeifertESPN 2m2 minutes ago
More
Kevin Seifert Retweeted Dan Graziano
Teddy has his work cut out for him on a Jets team with three other veteran QBs + likely first-round pick.
Kevin Seifert added,
Dan GrazianoVerified account @DanGrazianoESPNTeddy Bridgewater's one-year Jets contract guarantees him only $500,000. That's his signing bonus. He gets a $5M non-guaranteed salary and a $500k workout bonuses. Incentives up to $9M for playing time, yards and TDS. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-07...25827994-4 …

And then this:

ProFootballTalk‏Verified account @ProFootballTalk 2m2 minutes ago
More
With only $500K in guaranteed money, Teddy Bridgewater possibly won't be on the Week One roster in New York