Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speculation Teddy failed his physical? Thoughts??
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/858qhl/something_is_going_on_with_the_jets_and_teddy_b/
The Jets have yet to post on any social media about the signing of Teddy, but recent additions, Crowell and Johnson, have had posts about them, and are on the active roster. Bridgewater is yet to appear on the roster. The jets also traded up to the 3rd pick, to take a QB. 
My guess is that he failed the physical or wanted to opt out of signing the contract after they signed McCown. 
What do you think is going on?

If you want guesses I'd guess failed physical or hasn't had it yet or their doctors are in disagreement about the viability of the knee.  Wild guesses are the glue that holds the internet together!

As for him opting out, that's crazy talk.  Teddy might not have any interest elsewhere so why opt out of potential millions?  

I think this would have surfaced by now if true. No?

The Jets moved up to not get skunked for drafting a QB. They missed out on Cousins and Teddy is not the answer, but they've taken a flyer on him. 

I think competing with McCown is the best situation he's going to get, so I don't think that's it. 

I wouldn't immediately jump to a failed physical either.

He might be concerned that they've traded up to the 3 spot.  He might have wanted to actually visit NJ before committing to moving there.

Or maybe the automated system that updates their web site just had a bug.  Or it's not automated and the guy who ran it dropped the ball.

Are teams really all that up to date on setting their website rosters?  A few years ago they all had outdated rosters.

Maybe the team is trying to underplay the signing knowing his recovery is still in question and they may have a new face of the franchise QB to promote in the very near future.  Truth of the matter is right now he is a back up QB with a back up QB contract so no surprise it's not getting heavy promotion, that would actually be the wrong thing to do in the situation-sell hope to the fans on a QB that hasn't played in 2 years and hasn't proven he is ready yet.

Of course it is the J-E-T-S so I would expect them to eff it up.

Looks like he passed the physical and will be a Jet.

https://sports.yahoo.com/source-teddy-bridgewater-passed-physical-143223776.html

I noticed their team site didnt mention anything about it, posted it in the other thread and went to bed. Woke up and it was the early controversy of the day lol!

The media races to get details of free agent signing. Of course the Jets would want to a physical; what took so long for the team to get Teddy in the building, get a physical completed and the deal announced? They have/had Viking-style video packages of every free agent they have signed walking through their facilities and signing... except Teddy. Not a blurb, mention, notion he was expected to sign on their site. NFL media broke this signing days back without elaborating on medical clearance or the Jets position on it.

Article today says he passed his physical. Either they were doing some really extensive medical evaluations before offering the physical or Teddy took some time getting to New York after agreeing to terms. Seems to me the Jets wanted to sell this as a spash aquisition while holding a finger on the eject button under the table just in case... 

If I was McCown I would be nervous

Quote: @Poiple said:
Nervous about what? Cashing in right before retirement?

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@Poiple said:
Nervous about what? Cashing in right before retirement?
Nervous because he came there sure he was going to be the starter.  He wants to start and now he has a very determined Teddy right behind him.  
Seemd kind of obvious.