Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings back Floyd's Kambucha defense
Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
It is ridiculous what is allowed in so many of the so-called healthy drinks on the market. Supplements as well. Well if the team told him to drink it, that's understandable to advocate for him. 
Agree

Quote: @"greediron" said:
From the sidebar.
http://www.twincities.com/2017/06/24/vik...bucha-tea/

Floyd said in his affidavit that between 1:30 a.m. and 4 a.m. he drank
“four or five bottles”
of kombucha tea while watching movies.

“After falling asleep, I awoke to the beeping of the home-monitoring
machine, signaling that I must complete a test,” Floyd said. “I had
several sips of kombucha right after waking up, just before blowing into
the home-monitoring testing machine. I had not eaten anything since
noon on June 10
Dunno, it may have been kombucha, but that behavior just doesn't seem like he has conquered his demons.
500 triple zero tests prior and all clean since that day says more to me.

“I am writing to request Mr. Floyd not have his court mandated requirements negatively impacted since he did not know the kombucha he ingested contained alcohol,” Warren wrote in the June 21 letter, which was cc’d to Vikings president Mark Wilf, general manager Rick Spielman and coach Mike Zimmer.

I am really curious about this part. I understand that he wants to advocate for him but it seems that he didn't know better is a weak defense.
I'm not sure why. Did you know it contained alcohol? I didn't. 

Quote: @"Canthony" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
It is ridiculous what is allowed in so many of the so-called healthy drinks on the market. Supplements as well. Well if the team told him to drink it, that's understandable to advocate for him. 

I agree with this and this is supposed to be healthy. Also, why did you put my comment as spam?
Hmmm. Didn't even notice that. It's right above my post. Might have accidentally hit it while typing on my phone.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
“I am writing to request Mr. Floyd not have his court mandated requirements negatively impacted since he did not know the kombucha he ingested contained alcohol,” Warren wrote in the June 21 letter, which was cc’d to Vikings president Mark Wilf, general manager Rick Spielman and coach Mike Zimmer.

I am really curious about this part. I understand that he wants to advocate for him but it seems that he didn't know better is a weak defense.
I'm not sure why. Did you know it contained alcohol? I didn't. 
Yes I did. 

@"Canthony" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

I agree with this and this is supposed to be healthy. Also, why did you put my comment as spam?
Hmmm. Didn't even notice that. It's right above my post. Might have accidentally hit it while typing on my phone.

All good. Its a new format and will take some time to get used to.

I think I might be able to limit what reactions are available. Not sure we even need the spam one.