Quote:Floyd said in his affidavit that between 1:30 a.m. and 4 a.m. he drank
“four or five bottles”
of kombucha tea while watching movies.

“After falling asleep, I awoke to the beeping of the home-monitoring
machine, signaling that I must complete a test,” Floyd said. “I had
several sips of kombucha right after waking up, just before blowing into
the home-monitoring testing machine. I had not eaten anything since
noon on June 10
Dunno, it may have been kombucha, but that behavior just doesn't seem like he has conquered his demons.

That is dangerous though. That is putting some serious reputation on the line..
It does tell me that there is merit to the story however

“To a reasonable degree of medical and scientific certainty,” Bennett wrote that Floyd’s breath alcohol levels of .044-.055 percent “are achievable and consistent with ingesting kombucha, in the circumstances and time frames as Michael Floyd described.

That is the key to the argument. 

Common sense alone dictates that Mr. Floyd would not jeopardize all of his hard work with only five days of home monitoring remaining,” Feinberg wrote in his motion. “Mr. Floyd simply would not have ingested kombucha had he known that it contained alcohol and doing so would violate his home-monitoring terms.

You would think that common sense would prevail but a legal case isn't going to rely on common sense.

“I am writing to request Mr. Floyd not have his court mandated requirements negatively impacted since he did not know the kombucha he ingested contained alcohol,” Warren wrote in the June 21 letter, which was cc’d to Vikings president Mark Wilf, general manager Rick Spielman and coach Mike Zimmer.

I am really curious about this part. I understand that he wants to advocate for him but it seems that he didn't know better is a weak defense.

well he had the team telling him to drink the shit. How much do most people know about what they are putting in their bodies? I think coming down hard on him for not knowing there was alcohol in is a little much. He didn't really have reason to know that there was alcohol in it. Shit it's a drink that is sold off the regular shelves that minors can purchase. 

I think given that his employer was suggesting he drink it, then you have to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. 

It is ridiculous what is allowed in so many of the so-called healthy drinks on the market. Supplements as well. Well if the team told him to drink it, that's understandable to advocate for him. 

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
well he had the team telling him to drink the shit. How much do most people know about what they are putting in their bodies? I think coming down hard on him for not knowing there was alcohol in is a little much. He didn't really have reason to know that there was alcohol in it. Shit it's a drink that is sold off the regular shelves that minors can purchase. 

I think given that his employer was suggesting he drink it, then you have to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. 
That is the argument they are going with.  My issue is simply all the little things seem to add up to a bigger thing.  And alcoholics tend to know where to find alcohol.  That is all. 

Quote: @"greediron" said:
That is the argument they are going with.  My issue is simply all the little things seem to add up to a bigger thing.  And alcoholics tend to know where to find alcohol.  That is all. 
Well thats true but you would have to drunk a metric shit ton of kambucha to get any sort of effect from it. Reminds me of the guys that drank mouthwash in basic training

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
It is ridiculous what is allowed in so many of the so-called healthy drinks on the market. Supplements as well. Well if the team told him to drink it, that's understandable to advocate for him. 

I agree with this and this is supposed to be healthy. Also, why did you put my comment as spam?