Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The D, Is Anyone Concerned?
No Brees. No Kamara. The Eagles' WRs are not as dangerous as the Saints' WRs. The Eagles need to run to have success. The Vikings are very good at taking away the run. When you do that to N.O., you have to deal with Brees. When you do that to Philly, you get Foles. I'm not saying Foles has no chance, but I like our defense against the Eagles' offense.
I don't expect the D or Zimmer to have back-to-back bad games. We should be fine.

Ok, I'm officially concerned.  This D is getting it's a$$ kicked.  No pass rush making Foles look like Brady.

This d sucks.  

Foles is someone everybody underestimated.  He's carving up the Vikes way easier/better than Brees did last week.  Unfuckingbelievable.

How you can't get off the field on third and long is amazing. 

Unfuckingbelievable.

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
How you can't get off the field on third and long is amazing. 

Unfuckingbelievable.
Considering you're the best 3rd down defense in NFL history

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
Foles is someone everybody underestimated.  He's carving up the Vikes way easier/better than Brees did last week.  Unfuckingbelievable.
Haven't we seen this many other times in our viking fandom? Scrubs look like Dan marino. It is in our DNA.

The Viking pass rush wasn't anything special the past several games going back to December.  I think Brees found out it was actually easier to pass on the Vikings than run, and attacked it hard in last weeks game.

Eagles did the same thing.  No pressure on Foles, and he made it look easy hitting all of his receivers.  Looks like teams found the way to beat the Vikings D.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
The Viking pass rush wasn't anything special the past several games going back to December.  I think Brees found out it was actually easier to pass on the Vikings than run, and attacked it hard in last weeks game.

Eagles did the same thing.  No pressure on Foles, and he made it look easy hitting all of his receivers.  Looks like teams found the way to beat the Vikings D.
I said something similar in a different thread, but our lack
of pass rush has been a killer.  I think
we were so dependent on Griffen to open things up for everyone else, and with
that gone no one else picked up the slack and we didn’t adjust our scheme at
all.  We just kept running the same rush
with 4 linemen plan and playing coverage behind it that we did for a while.

I disagree that people have figured out our D, as much as we
didn’t adjust like we should have.  When
was the last time we saw a blitz heavy scheme out of our defense?  It’s a core concept to what Zimmer does, but
it seemed like it got completely shelved these last 2 years because we could
get pressure with just the front 4, but where was it when we couldn’t get
pressure with our front 4?

I think our second biggest need (besides adding to the
OLine) is to find a stud 3T to put besides Joseph.  I think we’ve got a couple guys that can look
good when other players are dominating, but getting a Floyd level player would
push them back to depth like they should be.

I also think we’ve got to get back to rotating our players
more on defense.  It seems like we’ve
been leaning too heavily on our studs and they’ve been wearing down the last 2
years, and then when a guy gets injured the backup is out of sync.  I’d rather us be a 5th ranked
defense that was fresher than a #1 ranked defense that is worn out