Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone think Seattle can beat New Orleans?
Quote: @"AGRforever" said:

wish all you want. the saints are the team that worries me the most. there are windows to throw against our secondary and breese is the guy who could hit them
Yeah, I don't know why some want to play the Saints...  they are probably the 2nd best team in the playoffs behind Minnesota right now.  Who would you rather face in the Divisional Round or NFCCG?  Brees?  Or potentially Jared Goff, Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, or Nick Foles?  I mean seriously, forget about the revenge factor...  I want the easiest path to the Super Bowl.

I understand all this hand-wringing about match-ups but it’s going to be what it’s going to be.  They’re just going to beat whoever the get.  Most likely it will be New Orleans.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Me neither. I think New Orleans comes to Minnesota in the divisional round. I think the Falcons might shit the bed against Carolina. 
Saints game would be epic like we've been saying all week. Not an easy draw, emotionally charged for very obvious reasons.

Man, what a game that could be. I would love to taste some sweet "you know what" after that one 
how crazy will that feel be if our divisional game is Sunday afternoon, meaning we know that with a win we host the championship game?  Not only do we have a home game for the Super Bowl, but we have beaten a team that haunts us. 

A victory over the Saints and a home game a week away for the NFC crown
wish all you want. the saints are the team that worries me the most. there are windows to throw against our secondary and breese is the guy who could hit them

Brees is also one of the worst QBs statistically when he is pressured.

I do want us to face the toughest team in our first game, vs the Championship game where we have seen WC teams gather momentum and ride it to a Super Bowl appearance. Winning a WC game is one thing, especially at home, but winning on the road in the Divisional round is another story. 

Give us the Rams or Saints in game 1, win and the confidence is at an all time high. Plus i dont think i can take our 6th consecutive Championship game loss, born in 82’, havent seen us get past the CG

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

Yeah, I don't know why some want to play the Saints...  they are probably the 2nd best team in the playoffs behind Minnesota right now.  Who would you rather face in the Divisional Round or NFCCG?  Brees?  Or potentially Jared Goff, Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, or Nick Foles?  I mean seriously, forget about the revenge factor...  I want the easiest path to the Super Bowl.
Agreed. They're not the same team from week one, and neither are we. I'd say the Saints hit their stride and are - sorry - the best team in the NFC while we're a close second. Although I think our offense week one was also better than we have right now simply because of all the playmakers we've lost.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
I do want us to face the toughest team in our first game, vs the Championship game where we have seen WC teams gather momentum and ride it to a Super Bowl appearance. Winning a WC game is one thing, especially at home, but winning on the road in the Divisional round is another story. 

Give us the Rams or Saints in game 1, win and the confidence is at an all time high. Plus i dont think i can take our 6th consecutive Championship game loss, born in 82’, havent seen us get past the CG
I was born in 73 and I dont really remember us ever getting past the CG...  Its been a bit of a drought.

Quote: @"Canthony" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Me neither. I think New Orleans comes to Minnesota in the divisional round. I think the Falcons might shit the bed against Carolina. 
Saints game would be epic like we've been saying all week. Not an easy draw, emotionally charged for very obvious reasons.

Man, what a game that could be. I would love to taste some sweet "you know what" after that one 
how crazy will that feel be if our divisional game is Sunday afternoon, meaning we know that with a win we host the championship game?  Not only do we have a home game for the Super Bowl, but we have beaten a team that haunts us. 

A victory over the Saints and a home game a week away for the NFC crown

Brees is also one of the worst QBs statistically when he is pressured.
Yes he is a good QB.  But I don't recall him having a great day against our D.  Prof X shuts down their #1.  The Saints go max protect and only throw short passes.  Barr, Kendricks and Smith have career days shutting that down. 

The Saints offense isn't that much different than others.  They need to run the ball to setup the pass.  If they can't run against Joseph and his mates up front, they have to pass and like most other offenses, they fear our D and won't take deep drops.