Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone think Seattle can beat New Orleans?
Me neither. I think New Orleans comes to Minnesota in the divisional round. I think the Falcons might shit the bed against Carolina. 

Any given Sunday... but other than that, not a chance

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Me neither. I think New Orleans comes to Minnesota in the divisional round. I think the Falcons might shit the bed against Carolina. 
Saints game would be epic like we've been saying all week. Not an easy draw, emotionally charged for very obvious reasons.

Man, what a game that could be. I would love to taste some sweet "you know what" after that one 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
That all seems highly likely to me.  Atlanta has been just a tad better than mediocre pretty much all season...  Carolina is an up-and-down team so the Falcons could win, but I don't think either can beat NO in New Orleans. 

Of course the scenarios change if the Rams do win their game...

If Seattle's defense somehow regains it's playoff form of a couple of years ago, then they have a shot. I don't trust the Falcons to take care of Carolina so a very weak and injured Seattle team slides into the 6th spot. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Saints game would be epic like we've been saying all week. Not an easy draw, emotionally charged for very obvious reasons.

Man, what a game that could be. I would love to taste some sweet "you know what" after that one 
how crazy will that feel be if our divisional game is Sunday afternoon, meaning we know that with a win we host the championship game?  Not only do we have a home game for the Super Bowl, but we have beaten a team that haunts us. 

A victory over the Saints and a home game a week away for the NFC crown

Saints beat Bucs
Panthers beat Atlanta

WC
Seattle loses to NO
Carolina surprises LA

DIV
Carolina sneaks by Philly
Minnesota manhandles NO

CHAMP
Carolina at Minnesota 

Rematch

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
Saints beat Bucs
Panthers beat Atlanta

WC
Seattle loses to NO
Carolina surprises LA

DIV
Carolina sneaks by Philly
Minnesota manhandles NO

CHAMP
Carolina at Minnesota 

Rematch
This assumes the Rams lose to S.F.  I think that is a safe assumption. The Rams see a loss on Sunday as a win. Every NFC playoff team would rather play Philly in Philly than the Vikes in Minnesota.  N.O. has to win on Sunday just to win the South and get a home game. Otherwise, I suspect they would be more than happy to tank their game, too.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

how crazy will that feel be if our divisional game is Sunday afternoon, meaning we know that with a win we host the championship game?  Not only do we have a home game for the Super Bowl, but we have beaten a team that haunts us. 

A victory over the Saints and a home game a week away for the NFC crown
wish all you want. the saints are the team that worries me the most. there are windows to throw against our secondary and breese is the guy who could hit them

Can't remember a year where the #3 and #4 seeds are so formidable in the NFC. It will be huge to get either at US Bank.