Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradford expected to start practicing next week...
Case Keenum is beloved to a much higher level outside this board by regular fans. Just a fact. To many normal, non-hardcore micromanaging fans, its all about the wins and losses. They don't go in the weeds, they just look at Minnesota beating GB twice. They see 12-3. They've seen exciting wins at US Bank stadium. They see a dude in Keenum that is very fan-centric, high-fiving everyone at the stadium. Starting a Skol chant on his way to the locker room. 

The guy has some serious equity with most fans. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Who plays if Keenum goes down? Teddy? Sam? 
I wouldn't think they would go to all the trouble of bringing Sam back if they was planning on having him sit if Keenum would get injured.
In the next couple of weeks I guess we will find out how healthy Sams knee is in practice.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Case Keenum is beloved to a much higher level outside this board by regular fans. Just a fact. To many normal, non-hardcore micromanaging fans, its all about the wins and losses. They don't go in the weeds, they just look at Minnesota beating GB twice. They see 12-3. They've seen exciting wins at US Bank stadium. They see a dude in Keenum that is very fan-centric, high-fiving everyone at the stadium. Starting a Skol chant on his way to the locker room. 

The guy has some serious equity with most fans. 
Its very obvious @ home games how much the fans love Keenum...Rightly or wrongly he's a significant poster child for team success this year among the masses. And Id argue he's done more than just manage games to get us to wins.

All that said, I dont envy the qb decisions Trader Rick will be facing this offseason. It's going to be fascinating to watch as a fan fanatic, hopefully not painful.  

Quote: @Vikeking2 said:
this is probably an irrelevant turn of events 

sam wont be the backup on only a week a practice.  

frankly he has never played in a big nfl game let alone a playoff game. not sure why anyone would want him in the game ahead of keenun who is playing great or Teddy who should have a 4th quarter playoff comeback drive and win on his resume if not for shit Kicker. 

sam should just be counting the days until he signs with a new team next year
What about 3 weeks?

Teddy hasn't played meaningful snaps since the 2016 preseason, no one knows if he has.  

But it's definitely not a bad situation to have 3 QBs on a roster that could step in.

3h
#Vikings coach Mike Zimmer hasn’t seen Sam Bradford work out but has talked to him: “He says (his knee) feels good. He’s been working out, doing things, getting on the field. He’s throwing the ball.’’

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
Sam should be the backup.  

And in the playoffs, if Case is stumbling - I would not hesitate for the next man up for that game. 
not a chance after not practicing for most of the year

That's a good step for him. I wish him well. I don't see how he could be the backup at this point though. 

It's good to have depth at QB heading into the playoffs. Hard to know where Bradford is at after surgery, but when healthy, he is a better QB than Keenum. I wouldn't switch things up at this point, but if Keenum gets hurt or his lucky bounces start turning into turnovers, then I like having both Teddy and Bradford available if we need them.

watch the 16 min tape of his highlights of 2016 and see what he can do when healthy. the ball he throws is almost as good as it gets. Especially deep balls, which we missed on 3 this past game. 

love Case, but a healthy Sam is a great insurance policy, Keenum gets hurt or struggles mightily in a first half. 

I would like to see the offense operate firing on all cylinders