Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradford expected to start practicing next week...
Courtney Cronin ESPN Staff Writer Mike Zimmer says he anticipates Sam Bradford returning to practice next week. He hasn't seen him up close, but says Bradford says his knee feels good. They're unsure whether he'll be available for the playoffs but expect him to practice once the postseason starts.

wow, great insurance in case something happens to Keenum. 

How crazy would it be if we advance to the NFCCG to play the Eagles, Case goes down and Bradford has to step in, leading us to victory and validating that trade. Somewhat like the Patriots in 01 when Brady went down in Pitt in the AFCCG and Bledsoe stepped in and won the game

Wow, what a unique year @ QB this is...

Who plays if Keenum goes down? Teddy? Sam? 

Its going to be tricky with Teddy waiting in the wings.  This where the rubber meets the road.  Viking management would have to declare who falls where on the depth chart.

I like Teddy and believe he will be a starter at some point, but Bradford is the better choice at this point.

Sam should be the backup.  

And in the playoffs, if Case is stumbling - I would not hesitate for the next man up for that game. 

A truly healthy Bradford is this teams best QB... 

Too bad he's been so snakebitten health wise. Rich in the wallet though - very rich. 

this is probably an irrelevant turn of events 

sam wont be the backup on only a week a practice.  

frankly he has never played in a big nfl game let alone a playoff game. not sure why anyone would want him in the game ahead of keenun who is playing great or Teddy who should have a 4th quarter playoff comeback drive and win on his resume if not for shit Kicker. 

sam should just be counting the days until he signs with a new team next year

Quote: @Vikeking2 said:
this is probably an irrelevant turn of events 

sam wont be the backup on only a week a practice.  

frankly he has never played in a big nfl game let alone a playoff game. not sure why anyone would want him in the game ahead of keenun who is playing great or Teddy who should have a 4th quarter playoff comeback drive and win on his resume if not for shit Kicker. 

sam should just be counting the days until he signs with a new team next year
I agree that Bradford won't be ready for game play after a week of practice, but to say he's never played in a big playoff game can be said for Keenum also. And Teddy has played in one at home with very pedestrian stats. Who's saying start him over Keenum? Nobody I've seen. But Bradford has played very well as a Viking with much more natural NFL passing ability than Keenum or Bridgewater, so lets not act like he's a steaming pile. 

The team is going to ride the Case Keenum train to the bitter end or unprecedented Superbowl glory this season. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Who plays if Keenum goes down? Teddy? Sam? 
That's a good question. I just watched some of the highlights of week one and while Case has been spectacular, Bradford was even better. His accuracy combined with his velocity is just a marvel to watch. 

That said, this offense has been thriving on a QB who has been able to elude traffic, keep his eyes downfield and make something happen with either his arm or legs. That's much more Bridgewater than Bradford. And while Bradford is a better pocket QB than either one of them, the shift from Case to Sam might be more of an adjustment than the shift from Case to Teddy.