Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sporting News: MN Running-back battle, D. Cook ready to smoke LM...
It will all depend on how those "big uglies" do in front of these guys.  While I didn't follow Cook or LM, I do know that Mckinnon is not a runner who can break tackles on every play.  If the line can keep them clean before the LOS then every RB we have will look better than anything the Viking's fielded lately. 

Quote: @"twgerber" said:
I think people are underestimating McKinnon.  He is a lock for the roster for sure.  
How? He's not getting an extension, so this is his last year on the Vikings. If the Vikings like a younger guy McKinnon is expendable. 

Quote: @"Bolstad79" said:
@"twgerber" said:
I think people are underestimating McKinnon.  He is a lock for the roster for sure.  
How? He's not getting an extension, so this is his last year on the Vikings. If the Vikings like a younger guy McKinnon is expendable. 
I actually think McKinnon is overrated on this site.  I also understand why because of his background - small school QB/RB and very impressive combine numbers and athleticism.  But when I watch him he is just OK and both running, screens and is undersized for blitz pickups.  He is nice to have as a backup complement to Murray and Cook but after this year and his contract I don't expect him back.