Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone ok or is worry starting to creep in?
I'm "okay" at the moment.  I too will freak out if they lose to Cinci.  I may have jinxed them but all of my answers for the Velspar are in line with them completely destroying the Bengals.  The #32 ranked offense and middle-of-the-pack defense should not be able to come into USB and make it a struggle... IF this Vikings team really is one of the best in the league.  I NEED them to lock up the division before going to Green Bay.

worried about making the playoffs... no way 

worried about how we would fare against a few teams that we might see in the playoffs... yeah..a little.  i dont really want to see green bay, seattle, or nawlins....home or away in the playoffs.

Only one way we lose to the Bengals and it has to do with the packers fan that will be on the field...........Walt Coleman

I will be creeped-out if they lay an egg to Cinci...

For now? Full of Bravado

No change in my overall feeling about our chances of winning it all.  They looked flat for whatever reason.  It may happen again this season, this post season, or not for another 8 games.  I always knew it was a possibility, but if I could explain it beyond that, I'd be making multimillions as a self-help guru.  Otherwise, I'm certain there is no game we can lose before it's actually played.  Maybe there are some teams we couldn't beat 3 out of 3, but even against the best teams, we can take at least 1 of 3.  So I'm still certain we'll get the NFCN crown and until we lose in the playoffs, and until we lose in the playoffs, I'll be glad the hope still lives.

Also, unlike 1998 or 2009, I don't feel we're on borrowed time.  I think 2018 will be just as exciting if not more so. Especially since I respect Zimmer as a HC much more than Denny "You mean I also have to beat coaches that have made the playoffs before this year?" Green or Brad "I hope Andy Reid never realizes those pictures are photoshopped" Childress.

Yeah, I suck at succinct nicknames.

Quote: @Ponifan said:
After beating the Falcons in Atlanta, I was saying this team was a Superbowl quality team.  Then, I watched the Falcon - NO game last Thursday.  Hoo Boy, Atlanta really is not very good this year and that put the Viking victory into perspective.  I've come back down to earth.  

This is a good team, but probably a notch below the elite teams in the league.
What???  Matt Ryan had a bad game, but the Falcons still WON the game against the 9-3 (now 9-4) Saints...

So by that logic, you must not be too impressed with New Orleans either?

I am probably the most skittish fan I know.  I took all four of those superbowl losses hard. 98 was a kick in the nuts and the Giants beat down made me embarrassed for a year, maybe two.  09 still makes me angry.
But I am fine.  I like this team best of all (except watching Moss break the Packers backs.) There is an efficiency and precision about these guys and they seem to enjoy the cadence Zimmer is calling.  I have zero fear that this is the start of slide. I think they had a gut check last week and it might have been good for them.  Id rather they lost to the Bengals though!