Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Case Keenum won me over
Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
It's important to note:

That Keenum and Theilen worked EXTENSIVELY over the summer...dare I say even EXCLUSIVELY.
Not disputing, but where did you hear that?  Other than one other mention here, I had never heard that before.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
It's important to note:

That Keenum and Theilen worked EXTENSIVELY over the summer...dare I say even EXCLUSIVELY.
Not disputing, but where did you hear that?  Other than one other mention here, I had never heard that before.
I think here actually...

I believe EVERYTHING I read here

Thielen had a pretty damn good year last year but Sam made him good.  Maybe, just maybe the WR's Digg and Thielen are just pretty damn good and now there is a decent/good OL and dynamic running game to go with it.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
It's important to note:

I think here actually...

Its basically CNN here...be careful with what you read and repeat!!

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
It's important to note:

I think here actually...

Its basically CNN here...be careful with what you read and repeat!!
Case News Network?

i love what Case is doing. He isnt afraid to hang in the pocket and take a shot to deliver a downfield strike.  His pocket awareness is second to none. He'll go head first to pick up a critical first down. He is gutsy and a leader.  I also see his weaknesses: he floats too many balls and lacks arm strength (yes its below NFL average; his audibles were at first non-existent and now mostly ineffective; he is not as accurate as Sam -- receivers are making plays, but there is a precision lacking that limits YAC and makes what could be easy catches more difficult. 

Keenum has made the offensive line look better than it really is with his ability to move around and avoid the rush.  I am really comcerned that if Bridgewater comes in the sack numbers go up.  Yes, he had some escapability prior to his injury but I dont believe it was on par with Keenum and I wonder how it’s been affected by his injury.

The other part that concerns me about Bridgewater is his unwillingness to take any chances and his difficulty in throwing downfield.  Right now, Keenum is playing exactly the way this offense needs.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
It's important to note:

I heard a couple of commentators say it pregame and I also heard Case mention it in a presser.